What the ***? Youtube muting a mix

It's funny how copyright works though, for example I made this a couple of years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3Vq-stscE

Had over 1.5 million views within a week, got on to a few X-Factor websites as a 'top story' and has more than one bit of copyrighted material and yet other than a few spotty teens calling me a bad man for ****ging her off I never once got any kind of infringement warnings.

Once hit hi a million views I was expecting ITV to some in and get Youtube to remove it.

Guess it's a case of any publicity is good publicity for Syco (who I'm sure must have known about it).

Yet you could afford to smoke?

The money you are saving on that would easily be more than £12.50 a month.

Good point :)

It's funny how copyright works though, for example I made this a couple of years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa3Vq-stscE

Had over 1.5 million views within a week, got on to a few X-Factor websites as a 'top story' and has more than one bit of copyrighted material and yet other than a few spotty teens calling me a bad man for ****ging her off I never once got any kind of infringement warnings.

Once hit hi a million views I was expecting ITV to some in and get Youtube to remove it.

Guess it's a case of any publicity is good publicity for Syco (who I'm sure must have known about it).

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a definable boundary.

Well, you can :confused:.

Especially now you've quit smoking ;).

As I said above, good point :)

Just thought I'd point out that I've had mixes muted on Soundcloud before. Mixcloud on the other hand seems perfectly happy for me to upload stuff.

normal listeners sticking to free mixes that have been uploaded, and mixes their mates have mixed you mean :p

I was referring to pre-broadband days when the majority of (decent) dance music didn't get cd-single releases and were only on vinyl. :p

As soon as mp3 mixes became the norm, djs got way more exposure, and labels started to lose out on sales. They don't need bedroom djs to promote tracks any more, they have their own facebook and youtube accounts for that, along with the headliner djs out there.

I'm glad I rode the wave before that happened, hehe.

Since switching to a 3rd party front-end site to promote my mixes, I have uploaded 62 mixes, with 39,000 total downloads since 2006! My single most popular mix has had 3,000 downloads.

I was referring to pre-broadband days when the majority of (decent) dance music didn't get cd-single releases and were only on vinyl. :p

As soon as mp3 mixes became the norm, djs got way more exposure, and labels started to lose out on sales. They don't need bedroom djs to promote tracks any more, they have their own facebook and youtube accounts for that, along with the headliner djs out there.

I'm glad I rode the wave before that happened, hehe.

Since switching to a 3rd party front-end site to promote my mixes, I have uploaded 62 mixes, with 39,000 total downloads since 2006! My single most popular mix has had 3,000 downloads.

Nice man :)

How do you get that amount of hits to your site?

Keep thinking that :)

Seeing as this thread is about a legitimate question, it would just appear that you are being miserable as per :)

I'm not miserable at all, perfectly happy thank you.

I just get bored of reading the 'Shayper Show'

Aye, they can be very nazi about it :(

i can't blame them but it is a little ironic. ''i'm just in it for the music, i just wanna make music. i love it!''.

suppose everyone's got bills to pay though and the equipment, studio time and mastering ain't cheap!

Back
Top Bottom