What TV shows are you currently watching

I watched the second episode of season 1 of Black Mirror but didn't like it.
Shame, as I enjoyed the first episode.

I'll carry on with the others... (I think I saw another one, probably further on in the line-up, but couldn't tell you which one it was, but that was also quite good.
I think it had one of the actors from Midsommer in it). Ahh, that's him - Will Poulter.

-----

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Fall of the House of Usher. I'm not sure how I feel about this at the mo, I might give it another episode but I don't think it's quite my thing.

Last edited:
Finished ‘The Night of’, by the same guy who directed Ripley, Steven Zaillian, and starring John Tuturro and Riz Ahmed. Also Michael Kenneth Williams pops up too, which is a nice surprise. The first episode is excellent, the tension builds well, and the next 3-4 episodes are great. But then it’s almost as though another set of writers took over. It has a few ‘What… really? That’s ridiculous,’ moments that really detract from the strong first few episodes.

Still recommend it, but be warned…

Last edited:
Coming to the end of two decent series:

Fargo 5, enjoying more than Fargo series four, which I found a slog, despite a great cast.

The Gentlemen, it's been ages since I've watched a Guy Ritchie production - it still has that panache over others. Thoroughly enjoying.

I'm watching Yellowstone on Series 3 at the minute and really enjoying it.
I had initially tried to start watching the prequel but didn't take to it.

Well, Monarch is a bit of a rollercoaster, 1-3 was excellent. ep4 was boring and too drawn out, ep5 was full of woke rubbish, and then episode 6 is back to being as good as the first 3 episodes. It seems like it's best when they focus on the 1950's when they're telling the story when Monarch first gets put together. When it's present day it's good when they're chasing monsters.

I'll keep going and see if they can stick the landing

Last edited:
Well, Monarch is a bit of a rollercoaster, 1-3 was excellent. ep4 was boring and too drawn out, ep5 was full of woke rubbish, and then episode 6 is back to being as good as the first 3 episodes. It seems like it's best when they focus on the 1950's when they're telling the story when Monarch first gets put together. When it's present day it's good when they're chasing monsters.

I'll keep going and see if they can stick the landing

Ep 7, 8 and 9 now. Apart from making the stunning Anna Sawai a Lesbian who goes after the ugliest women you can find, it's pretty good I guess. If this was made a few years earlier we could have avoided all the woke rubbish and had a series that was worth getting a season 2

Mayor of kingstown loved the first two seasons...third not quite sure on yet...also the shield. what a great show. should have watched all of this ages ago.
Really enjoying Major of Kingstown, just getting towards the end of the 1st season. Anyone into really grity american crime drama should check it out, gets a bit too real in places, but it's extremely watchable and a great storyline. Jeremy Renner is top notch in this.

Given this is on seaon 3, I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread.

Last edited:
Really enjoying Major of Kingstown, just getting towards the end of the 1st season. Anyone into really grity american crime drama should check it out, gets a bit too real in places, but it's extremely watchable and a great storyline. Jeremy Renner is top notch in this.

Given this is on seaon 3, I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread.
its a brilliant show as said the first two seasons are brilliant 3rd still good just dunno doesnt seem as good as the first two. i dont know why there isnt a dedicated thread either as its a massive show.

Bit late to the party but finished watching Fallout. Thought it was ok, it promised lots early on, then lots (too much?) seemed to be crammed into the final episode. Not brilliant, not bad imo, will watch series 2.

Back
Top Bottom