What TV shows are you currently watching

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Watch 3Below instead it's great

I did start that and it looked decent after 2 eps but then I read some reviews and few people said you are much better of watching TH season 1 since there are links and characters that cross over otherwise it won't make the best of sense so I stopped.

Oddly many reviewers of 3below said TH is still superior, looked like all the reviews were written by adults in there 30s-40s lol

Soldato
I did start that and it looked decent after 2 eps but then I read some reviews and few people said you are much better of watching TH season 1 since there are links and characters that cross over otherwise it won't make the best of sense so I stopped.

Oddly many reviewers of 3below said TH is still superior, looked like all the reviews were written by adults in there 30s-40s lol
The cheesylad burned through TH very quickly, but watched a couple of 3Below and hasn't gone back to it. I've not tried 3B yet. The crossover in TH is in S3, though I understand that some 3B flirts around S1 of TH.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Russian doll season 1 was pretty good, you have 28 minute episodes and only 8 eps, I binged the whole thing yesterday. Netflix are doing many time loop telly
lately but this ones got a solid cast and well written.

I just read they planned 3 seasons of it so that is interesting, 98% rotten tomatoes score and 80-90% reviews around net.

Caporegime

There is one main crossover episode, then one pseudo-crossover episode, and I didn't feel like I missed anything out by not watching TH.

And imo, sci-fi trumps fantasy.

Soldato
Started to watch the UK Office again and finding it absolutely hilarious. I know it's held in very high regard but I think it's even cleverer than people give it credit for. David Brent's little looks to the camera or feeling like Tim where everything around you seems surreal.

I can never work out if I love or hate David but there is always pity there for him.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Weird City
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8633518/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Only 6 episodes, its a scifi comedy series where all episodes and people are kinda connected to each other, some top names in there, lots of Community cast, Levar burton from TNG, Al bundy and the guy from teenwolf and many more. They kinda tried a black mirror but with comedy and scifi.

Bad parts are, 3 episodes are just 100% pointless gap fillers and wasted the talent and decent actors with in them but there are 3 decent episodes (1,2,5)

Soldato
Watching Sex Education, weird show but watchable. Set in Wales I think (or at least UK) but at times it seems American high school-esque, at times it feels 70s esque then suddenly modern days.

Strange, strange show but strangely watchable.

Soldato
Finished S3 of Good Place. As with S1 (can't remember experiencing it with S2) the first half of the season was pretty 'meh', but really enjoyed how it ramped up in the 2nd half.

Not sure what to try next. Stopped watching Outlander after 6 or 7 episodes, it's probably an ok show but I'm just not into it.

Caporegime
After running a few duff recommedations and neither the missus nor I being impressed, I have offered to to preview (watch the first 1-3 episodes) of a bunch of potential shows to see if we'd both enjoy them. If I don't think she'd enjoy them, but I'm interested, I watch them on my commute.

Started with 3Below, which I gave a thumbs up, and we then binged over 2 days.
Russian Doll was the next, which I enjoyed and finished, but skipped for her.
Now trying You, which so far I think we will both be watching.

Still on the list:

Weird City
Umbrella Academy
Deadly Class
Doom Patrol

Skewing very comic-book at the mo, haha.

Also binged S4 of Angie Tribeca over the weekend, still such great Naked Gun vibes :D

Back
Top Bottom