What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Currently watching You - couple of episodes left and enjoying it so far.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Umbrella Academy - not for me so may skip the remainder.

American Gods next as it my recommended by a few colleagues.

Soldato
Bosch 1-3 were fantastic, really suspenseful but season 4 felt slow, I haven’t managed to get all the way through it.

Well we have finished series 3 of Bosch last night, I agree that all three series have been great so far. We might have a break before Series 4, as we have others to watch. Then again there is nothing wrong with continuity....lol. When we start a new series, which in real time usually means the following year, I'm always glad when I have done a character count to see the old favourites returning, hopefully that will include "Barrel and Crate".

Soldato
The Expanse Season 1.

I'm four episodes in and it's starting to pick up. So far it doesn't seem to be the "thinking man's" scifi that I was lead to believe. The cast and dialogue is a bit dodgy, with London accents and lines like "check your six o'clock" and "they started it, so we'll finish it".

Soldato
The Expanse Season 1.

I'm four episodes in and it's starting to pick up. So far it doesn't seem to be the "thinking man's" scifi that I was lead to believe. The cast and dialogue is a bit dodgy, with London accents and lines like "check your six o'clock" and "they started it, so we'll finish it".

Felt pretty much the same as you when I first watched it, gave up on season 1 a few times before it stuck. However its now one of my all time favourite Sci fi shows as you'll see from my posts in the expanse thread. Dont let the belter patois and accents put you off, it's totally in keeping with the belter underclass and origins of their entire society.

As for thinking man's Sci fi, I wouldn't class it as that at all, even with my huge pro expanse bias. I'll simply re-iterate what I said in the other thread, this show works as it takes time to build characters, their motivations are realistic and decisions not just there to move the story along. Added into the excellent SFX and the "as real world" as we can guess space action, the hidden over arching threat that comes into play further along, it's just a consistently solid Sci fi series.

Let's not forget how bad Breaking Bad season 1 was and how good that turned out.

I urge you to stick with it.

Soldato
I started season 2 of Fortitude. Eh, its alright. I'm not especially rushing to get through it though.

I really liked the first season but not a lot grabbed me about the second apart from Richard Dormers performance.

I've been trying hard to watch season 3 which is only 4 episodes but it's the biggest drop in quality I've seen between seasons since Dexter seasons 4 to 5.

Soldato
Felt pretty much the same as you when I first watched it, gave up on season 1 a few times before it stuck. However its now one of my all time favourite Sci fi shows as you'll see from my posts in the expanse thread. Dont let the belter patois and accents put you off, it's totally in keeping with the belter underclass and origins of their entire society.

As for thinking man's Sci fi, I wouldn't class it as that at all, even with my huge pro expanse bias. I'll simply re-iterate what I said in the other thread, this show works as it takes time to build characters, their motivations are realistic and decisions not just there to move the story along. Added into the excellent SFX and the "as real world" as we can guess space action, the hidden over arching threat that comes into play further along, it's just a consistently solid Sci fi series.

Let's not forget how bad Breaking Bad season 1 was and how good that turned out.

I urge you to stick with it.

That's good to know. I've been watching each episode twice just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Episode 4 was the first hint I got of it turning into something special. I think the belter language is quite fitting, certainly more believeable than strong present day accents.

Man of Honour
Watched all of the Umbrella Academy, went into it really wanting to like it but to be honest it was a struggle to get through and by the end I was left with no inclination to watch a 2nd season if theres going to be one. The further I got through the series the less interested, invested or entertained I was. Came to the end of the season finale and I was just meh about it.

Good production values, loved the soundtrack but ultimately I really didnt care one iota for any of the characters.

Soldato
This, amazing show, but super dark at times.

Todd gets the most laughs, the "Becca Chavez" skit was hilarious.

Up to S2 Ep 4. Am enjoying it, love the fact that how the stars of Horsin' Around are all messed up in some way, especially the daughter. However, i am not feeling the love for Vincent Adultman or Todd.

That's good to know. I've been watching each episode twice just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Episode 4 was the first hint I got of it turning into something special. I think the belter language is quite fitting, certainly more believeable than strong present day accents.

I had the same conversation on here and was also urged to stick with it - very glad i did! Although, not sure why you are watching each episode twice, really no need for that and perhaps that is why you are not enjoying it as much.

Back
Top Bottom