What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
The 8 Show.

Kinda average, steals loads of ideas from other shows of the same type etc.

6.5/10 was interesting for a few episodes but then feels boring and dragged out, nothing really happens and there's no point to the series.

Usual netflix generic filler that was probably made on a shoe string budget

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently 5 episodes into Bodkin on Netflix. Dark comedy, thriller set in West Cork in Ireland. 3 visitors come to make a podcast about some disappearances at a festival 20 years ago and of course the plot thickens with every episode. You'll recognise a lot of seasoned Irish actors, but David Wilmot is absolutely brilliant in it. Also stars MacGruber (Will Forte)

9/10

taB

taB

Associate
Currently 5 episodes into Bodkin on Netflix. Dark comedy, thriller set in West Cork in Ireland. 3 visitors come to make a podcast about some disappearances at a festival 20 years ago and of course the plot thickens with every episode. You'll recognise a lot of seasoned Irish actors, but David Wilmot is absolutely brilliant in it. Also stars MacGruber (Will Forte)

9/10

3 in. Really enjoying it. The Obamas have a production credit!

Associate
The 8 Show.

Kinda average, steals loads of ideas from other shows of the same type etc.

6.5/10 was interesting for a few episodes but then feels boring and dragged out, nothing really happens and there's no point to the series.

Usual netflix generic filler that was probably made on a shoe string budget
Came here to post this and couldn't agree more, final outcome at the end felt it needed more depth also.

Associate
Never got round to watching True Detective so have started from Season 1, 3 episodes in and really enjoying it, have read the the season are a bit hit and miss but enjoying the first one.

Associate
Partway througfh season 2 of a second run through of Dexter, all these years later. Amazing how much you forget of the details...
I never did make it to the end of Dexter, very rarely do I give up on TV shows but for some reason we just stopped Dexter and never bothered with the last few seasons. Not even sure why, maybe we should go back and finish it.

Soldato
Likewise, I seldom stop watching a show before the end, but I think I will with Girls5Eva. It's just sooo bad I realised this morning I was thinking 'oh, I need to watch some more to get it over and done with' which made me think, I should just stop.

An example of a joke - 'I need to do a Mic check. Mike's having a bad time, so I have to check on him, then I need to do a Mic check...'. Really?!

Associate
Binged the first 3 episodes of season 2 of The Jinx last night. Picks up from the revelation at the end of season 1 and the following events surrounding the weird but oddly likeable Robert Durst. Won't spoil what it focuses on though, in case peeps haven't seen season 1. Enjoying it but i loved season 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
Likewise, I seldom stop watching a show before the end, but I think I will with Girls5Eva. It's just sooo bad I realised this morning I was thinking 'oh, I need to watch some more to get it over and done with' which made me think, I should just stop.

An example of a joke - 'I need to do a Mic check. Mike's having a bad time, so I have to check on him, then I need to do a Mic check...'. Really?!

I was at a wedding when the best man asked all the Michael's to stand up. About 3 people did and he said, "That's the mic check done, now on with the speech". Great ice breaker for a social occasion, and this was many, many years ago!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom