What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Hardly, it's nails and it knackers you out in no time. Beat Saber is simple rhythmic flow which comes easy once you get it. While there's a pattern in RR, it's no clone and requires some real speedy tub thumbing arm work which you tend to over exuberate upon.

How does it compare to more intensive beat saber levels? Expert+ and fitbeat etc?

Soldato
Finally played Half Life Alyx last night bought from the autumn steam sale!!!

WOOWWWWWWWWWW the graphics are immense, the immersion is immense! I crapped myself more than once! I don't remember headcrabs being this scary!!!!! :cry::eek:

Soldato
Finally played Half Life Alyx last night bought from the autumn steam sale!!!

WOOWWWWWWWWWW the graphics are immense, the immersion is immense! I crapped myself more than once! I don't remember headcrabs being this scary!!!!! :cry::eek:

LOL, finally!! How have you waited so long to play this????

Soldato
LOL, finally!! How have you waited so long to play this????
I have haha! Couldn't justify the high asking price despite knowing it would be an amazing game from all the videos and reviews i've watched. Finally down to half price so its a no brainer.

It's one of those games you know its scary, you know its gonna make you jump but you can't help but progress cos you're having so much fun. Can't believe i've been missing out on this all this time. The graphics are gorgeous even over airlink, it looks fantastic compared to all the other games i've played.

Soldato
I'm looking for my next VR game - probably something on the quest 2 store but I am not sure what just yet.

I'm quite enjoying Medal of Honour but the ratio of "standing around in cutscenes watching people talk and sticking a model lighthouse up Ollie's nose" to "actually shooting nazis" is not great. I guess they're trying to break up the intense bits of the game but it goes a bit too far in my opinion.

Soldato
My favourite Quest 2 games are In Death: Unchained and RE4 VR.

RE4 VR in particular is an amazing port - looks almost like a PC VR game in terms of graphics.

Soldato
Recently returned to Euro Truck after being gifted the recent expansions. Last time i played it was on the old Vive, it really is something to be seen now with the lighting update being played at 3172x3104 maxed out on a G2, night and day difference. After several years away playing it's american cousin, you really appreciate the vibrant colours and more natural landscapes. Nothing beats out riding the sunset on the desert road, but from now on both will get equal time.

Revisited Mech Warrior 5 today. Maxed it out with DLSS ultra quality at 3k, vastly improved to the point of saying the visuals are no lesser the equal of what you get in naturalised VR titles like Elite. I had a real fun time with it today having jumped in the rig and upped the experience with the X56, save the Xbox pad i initially tried it with. Using the Hotas with the game is like moment you have when first using a wheel in a racer, it feels totally natural.

Along with the Risk Of Rain VR mod, id rate MW5 in the top tier if you can experience it in the proper manner.

Soldato
Was trying out the various SuperHot modes last night and found some festive-themed mini game within Endless mode. You lob various shaped Christmas presents at the bad guys and pick up points along the way,
I googled it and everything I found referred to a different format festive-themed game. As I am new to VR and SuperHot no idea if this is some recent addition or not...

Soldato
Was trying out the various SuperHot modes last night and found some festive-themed mini game within Endless mode. You lob various shaped Christmas presents at the bad guys and pick up points along the way,
I googled it and everything I found referred to a different format festive-themed game. As I am new to VR and SuperHot no idea if this is some recent addition or not...

No idea! Not played superhot in a while. Fun game, but definitely not one that works with the space I have available :(. Completed it once, but now waiting on more room :D.

Soldato
Tried Subnautica with the inbuilt VR mode, and it's beautiful when cruising around in the open sea, but I found it quite unpleasant when in tunnel systems and especially when outside of any vehicle.

Need to try it in Sub Zero next - they're both visually stunning games.

Associate
Recently returned to Euro Truck after being gifted the recent expansions. Last time i played it was on the old Vive, it really is something to be seen now with the lighting update being played at 3172x3104 maxed out on a G2, night and day difference. After several years away playing it's american cousin, you really appreciate the vibrant colours and more natural landscapes. Nothing beats out riding the sunset on the desert road, but from now on both will get equal time.
I've just jumped back into ETS2 after several years away, and just bought ATS too for £3.49. Really good fun! You're right, it has improved. Not perfect, but better. Imagine what it'll be like in another 5 years with better headsets & pc's.

Do you recommend any of the expansions (I have several free mods but none of the paid dlc)?

Soldato
Do you recommend any of the expansions (I have several free mods but none of the paid dlc)?

If it's ATS then Colorado is quite something with the valley and the tunnel, probably the best they've done. My personal favourites are Utah on sunny day for a lot of the landmarks and Idaho for it's pretty flowery towns, but there's not much between them all in truth aside personal affection. The last expansion was fairly bland though, avoid that one for a year or two when drops to deep discount after they've released Texas.

ETS2 i couldn't call it as i've explored probably about 20% of the map. With a sale every other month on the dlc, there's plenty of value to be had with only the latest expansions carrying a marginal discount.

Personally i like where the games are at right now, tremendous value in VR that i never got the feels for trying to play on a monitor. Hopefully if they ever do another game they build with VR in mind, as you say better sets will only improve the experience. If there's one game that'd crack my wallet open for a varjo aero, it'd be truck sim.:cry:

Associate
@lokiss thanks for that, will grab those dlc's later. A few more questions if i may please...
What mods do you recommend?
What in game render scale setting do u use?
Have u adjusted your "manual stereo buffer" (supersampling) in the the games config file? If so, what to?
What fps do u get or do u use motion reprojection?

Soldato
What in game render scale setting do u use?
Have u adjusted your "manual stereo buffer" (supersampling) in the the games config file? If so, what to?
What fps do u get or do u use motion reprojection?

Apologies for the late reply, i had to be in game. The in game render scale i leave at the default 125, and no change to the stereo buffer. While i do leave the wmr motion vector on auto, i just disabled it while driving around in a rainy odense and noticed no visible frame drops or tearing (in town and raining is as harsh as it gets), it's fluid so i presume it's hitting 90 frames. Steam graph is pure green at 10 over 11.1ms (90Hz) I use the FSR openVR hack to improve performance.

Associate
Apologies for the late reply, i had to be in game. The in game render scale i leave at the default 125, and no change to the stereo buffer. While i do leave the wmr motion vector on auto, i just disabled it while driving around in a rainy odense and noticed no visible frame drops or tearing (in town and raining is as harsh as it gets), it's fluid so i presume it's hitting 90 frames. Steam graph is pure green at 10 over 11.1ms (90Hz) I use the FSR openVR hack to improve performance.
Thx for the reply. You're getting more fps than me, i'm down to 40 or 50. More tinkering needed me thinks :D

Associate
Got Star Wars Pinball VR last night. Pinball games just work so well in VR.
Bit of a downgrade in visuals from Pinball FX2 VR unfortunately but upping the pixel density to 1.5 helped with the sharpness a bit.

Good fun so far and nice to be able to get the collectables to fill your virtual room. And, hey, it's Star Wars :)

Has anyone found this game breaks Airlink - if I add it my Oculus Library it completely breaks Airlink for some reason. If I remove from library all goes back to normal, but of course then can't play Star Wars Pinball (I bought the Steam Version). Can play via VD but the Oculus Controllers for some reason then play up, probably have to resort to using a gamepad.

Associate
Has anyone found this game breaks Airlink - if I add it my Oculus Library it completely breaks Airlink for some reason. If I remove from library all goes back to normal, but of course then can't play Star Wars Pinball (I bought the Steam Version). Can play via VD but the Oculus Controllers for some reason then play up, probably have to resort to using a gamepad.
Yeah it’s a bug and they’ve never fixed it. In fact, it used to destroy my whole oculus install. Meant I had to reinstall everything again after playing.
Workaround is, as you say, remove it from the oculus library but start it from steam.

Back
Top Bottom