What watch do you wear?

I didn't used to see the point in watches, but this thread and understanding more about their navigational applications has converted me. Browsing this one thing jumps to mind. How on earth do you choose? Also, left or right? :D

The one that has really jumped out at me from the early pages is this:

http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others05/Mediums/mlanged.html

Be a while before i can justify spending money on it though. No idea how much that even is. Or pretty much anything else about it. Or anything about anything else. It's like a whole new world and i don't have a clue about it :p

I may be quite tired.

I didn't used to see the point in watches, but this thread and understanding more about their navigational applications has converted me. Browsing this one thing jumps to mind. How on earth do you choose? Also, left or right? :D

Be a while before i can justify spending money on it though. No idea how much that even is. Or pretty much anything else about it. Or anything about anything else. It's like a whole new world and i don't have a clue about it :p

I may be quite tired.

Unfortunately you accidently choose a Lange and Sohne which costs a small fortune which most people couldnt afford. :(

Lange and Sohne are fabulous, but if you want one you'll probably have to sell the house unless you've won the lottery.
Dornblueth watches look great to me - there's a really nice thread on Pistonheads forum about a guy who ordered one from them, with pics of it being made.

I may be quite tired.

Remortgaging your parents house would be a good start :p

I'm trying to find this Casio G-Shock G-7710-1ER in this colour but not having any luck, anyone know where i can find one like this?

25poj8i.png

great watch - I love mine :)

Looks very similar to the one that i have but mine isnt a red bull edition, but the dials and construction look very similar and mine has a black resin strap. Was thinking about getting the red bull edition one but couldnt justify the £500+ pricetag of it, the one i got was £370 i think down from £450 as it was on the watchshop Jan sales.

Posted my watch a few pages back.

EDIT: this is the one i have:
edifice.jpg

Like i said extremely similar but different coloured dials and a resin black strap rather than the steel one.

Yeah i was in two minds as to which one to get, as i had my eye on the one you had also. I paid £480 pound for it as i used a voucher code, and i also had some credit from the watchshop due to previous purchases. I think it was originally on for £550ish. I know i could have done the same things with the other watch and paid a lot less money but i really liked the design of the red bull watch etc so i thought why the heck not!!!

I do like both though as i said but i the red bull just did it for me :) I also got £130 for my other ediface watch, so again that has in effect only meant i've paid £350 for it.

How are you finding yours, i really like mine, even compared to my old ediface, if i'm honest it's not £200+ better, but it is better non the less.

Cookie

How are you finding yours, i really like mine, even compared to my old ediface, if i'm honest it's not £200+ better, but it is better non the less.

Cookie

Still loving mine, i love the colours on it and it seems to work pretty well ie the time is spot on and adjusts accordingly. Only thing im not a big fan of is the resin strap...would have preferred it with a metal strap although they do have similar models with metal straps but not the colour scheme i have. Also i find the luminscence on the dials not that great compared to my Breitling but for me its my daily wear watch and my Breitling is one i bring out on special occassions.

Its a lot of money for a Casio but soon as i saw the colour scheme on it, i had to have it:p...luckily for me the missus was in a good mood so bought me it.

Yeah i was in two minds as to which one to get, as i had my eye on the one you had also. I paid £480 pound for it as i used a voucher code, and i also had some credit from the watchshop due to previous purchases. I think it was originally on for £550ish. I know i could have done the same things with the other watch and paid a lot less money but i really liked the design of the red bull watch etc so i thought why the heck not!!!

I do like both though as i said but i the red bull just did it for me :) I also got £130 for my other ediface watch, so again that has in effect only meant i've paid £350 for it.

Cookie

I'd have loved to have got that watch recently when it was down to £350, but that's still out of my watch budget!

I almost bought a Omega Aqua Terra a couple of years ago (in fact the posts and Pix are in this thread somewhere) but decided I couldn't justify the price at the time.

Decided to go back and look again last week only to find the watch has gone from £2400 to £3400 everywhere... Won't be buying that then... Gutted!!!

I blame Rotty (although I'm not sure why it's bound to be his fault somehow :) )

Oh wow, a watch thread! I never knew this existed.

I currently switch between a lovely Panerai and a Patek Phillipe.

I used to own a Breitling but I started to find it a little, just too "football-esque."

I love the mechanics of a watch before someone begins stating that they're a waste of money!

Fine, be like that! ;):p

What if i gave you a brief? Say, something simple - not too 'in your face'. Most watches i see people wear nowadays seem rather overly large to me. I can't stand metal straps. Oh, and ideally less than £10k :D

How about a Jaeger Le Coultre Master Reserve De Marche. Subtle but classy and made by a watch maker amongst the best there is but not overly pricey <£6k and has a leather strap.

Back
Top Bottom