What watch do you wear?

It looks good to me but I'd like to hear your opinions. Is £65 a reasonable price?

I've had a couple of the Seiko 5s, first one I dropped and the glass smashed :(

Second one got bashed I think as it runs way too fast now, keep meaning to open it up and try adjusting it.

But I really like them still, although remember paying about £30 for them rather than £65 but that was about 5 years ago!

Any thoughts on this watch?

Seiko 5 Automatic Watch - SNK809K2

It looks good to me but I'd like to hear your opinions. Is £65 a reasonable price?

Its a decent watch and uses the 7S26 movement which is a workhorse and found in many of the Seiko range.

The biggest downside for this watch for me is it's size. At 37mm it's a bit too small for my tastes.

Are 'Rado's' any good? They are quite expensive, but to me just look like cheapy fashion watches.

they are made of decent materials but there is nothing about them as a watch that justifies the price, they should be treated as fashion watches along with the likes of low end Tags etc

I'm wanting to get a real watch in the £200-£350 range and have been looking at this Steinhart but I have really small wrists (just over 6") and I'm a bit concerned that it's going to be too big.

From what I've been reading, I should be looking for a 38-40mm face. Anyone got any recommendations?

Last edited:
timex-weekender-collection.jpg

I'm wanting to get a real watch in the £200-£350 range and have been looking at this Steinhart but I have really small wrists (just over 6") and I'm a bit concerned that it's going to be too big.

From what I've been reading, I should be looking for a 38-40mm face. Anyone got any recommendations?

Christopher ward?

maybe they are still to big or expensive though

Casio and Seiko will probably have several offerings in that range.

Last edited:
Have you just bought one?

Ha, no. I was just browsing. Did come across a lot to think about though... i also found my old cheap quartz, which is actually alright. Comfortable strap, not too big or flashy. Problem? It doesn't actually tell the time :p

feXYCl.jpg

Yes, that's a rubbish picture. But it was handheld with just a bedside lamp two meters away. And i hope you realize that what was supposed to be a quick, two minute photo before i took the dog out turned into an hour long search as to why changing from Gnome to XFCE had somewhat removed my ability to mount USB devices, and that after trying some rather complicated new config files to do with udev the solution (as ever) was as simple as adding dbus-launch to xinitrc. Which also fixed another problem i was having with shut down permissions. Appreciate it :D

Back
Top Bottom