What watch do you wear?

But keep in mind that purchasing the watch at a price lower that the RRP will auto voit your warranty with most, if not all companies. .

That is not true and almost certainly would be illegal, they are not even allowed to insist on RRP but they do this in an implied ammner rather than by contract

The discount watches that may have no warranty are the ones that have found their way onto the grey market, these often have their serial number removed so that the manufacturers cannot trace the AD that supplied them

If you want a real movement then there is the beautiful Tissot Le Locle for not too much more.

That is a really nice looking watch too. I must admit though I do have my heart set on the PRC 200. I am thinking of buying it with the metal strap and then purchasing a leather strap and removal tool at some point too. I think that may be the best way if I want both as the metal strap appears harder to come by on its own.

I've had one a couple of months and it's a very good looking watch. :cool:

Yep I really like the look and size of it.

Cheers both ;)

c7rapide.jpg

Christopher Ward C7 Rapide, picked it up for £200 in the Jan sale. Very happy with it.

No the braclet one was £350 at the time IIRC, if that was in the sale of would have bought it but the leather strap is very nice and has a quick release clasp.

You'd be bonkers to spend over a grand on a quartz watch in my opinion. Bit of a slippery slope this watch lark, I've got my eye on 3 more watches now!

Need some help, my tag's battery seems to be failing or it is in need of a service. Normally I would go to a high street jewellers, however they normally charge £50 for a battery and I have been quoted £180 just for the service. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this done cheaper? over the past 6 years of ownership I have spent £150 on batteries and seeing as 2nd hand the watch is only worth £200-300 I don't really want to have to spend that much money on a service.

Cheers.

Need some help, my tag's battery seems to be failing or it is in need of a service. Normally I would go to a high street jewellers, however they normally charge £50 for a battery and I have been quoted £180 just for the service. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this done cheaper? over the past 6 years of ownership I have spent £150 on batteries and seeing as 2nd hand the watch is only worth £200-300 I don't really want to have to spend that much money on a service.

Cheers.

You should be able to tell if the battery is going as the second hand will jump in about 5 second intervals

2 yrs is bad if decent batteries are used, the ones Tag use last about 5 years

£50 is not that bad if it includes a reseal, if not any jeweller should be able to swap it for about a tenner

quartz watches do not really need servicing

The second hand is moving fine but the rest of the mechanism does not seem to be working the hour and minute hand are very slow moving 5mins of movement equates to around 2hrs normal time. My dad got his tag serviced a couple of years ago and it sorted his lose of time so I thought that would probably clear the issue. I have had it before where the battery has literally lasted 13months and anything over 12months I cannot take back. Ideally I would like to keep the seal in place which is why I always take it to a proper jewellers, just didn't know if anyone knew any online retailers that might be cheaper.

I've got a question about the calendar function. Hopefully some of you are familiar with it. The date just rolled over to the 16th which is fine but the day went from Wed to Mie (I think). Presumably it's giving me the day in a different language. Is there anyway I can stop it doing this?

:mad:
Hmm normally when adjusting the day it will alternate between English/Alternative but when it ticks over via the standard end of day passing it should move onto the next day in the same language.

I hadn't set the calendar correctly.

I was setting it to today's day and date when I should've been setting it to yesterday's day/date. Then you advance the time by 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom