What watch do you wear?

Question for Rotty

What are my chances for getting a discount in Goldsmiths / Mapin & Webb, on a Tag Heuer Carrera

In my experience most highstreet places like Goldsmiths, Ernest Jones, will give you a 10% discount straight off the bat without even trying.

My folks bought a Tag Carrera about 2 years ago from Goldsmiths and got 10% off, they could have got more if they'd have bothered I reckon but they were happy enough with that.

I got about 12% off my PO 14 months ago, not sure if things have changed massively since Rotty bought his as I know that was a good while ago :)

Because it's just a fashion watch with a cheap movement. You'd be mad enough to spend £500 on a quartz let alone a fashion watch with a quartz movement.

Not to sound bad but a lot of the watches in the last few pages look pretty ugly to me especially for the price.... I know they have a more expensive movement inside them though..... Have not had any problems with my Tommy Hilfiger watch in the past 9 years of owning it with a Quartz movement.

I needed a daily beater and picked up this generic chronograph cheap - battered and scratched, with the paint missing off the bezel and chrono start button:

VDiLxl.jpg

I got the Dremel out, and then some black paint for the bezel and ended up with this:

nytlvl.jpg

The very helpful and nice people at Rotary sent me two free links which I fitted myself with my newly purchased spring bar removal tool.
Far from perfect but it'll do - effort put in versus reward gotten out was in the balance.
I'm quite pleased with the outcome for my first attempt at something like this, it was more effort than it was worth but I found the whole project rather therapeutic and satisfying :)
Although some might say I was just polishing a turd ;)

Last edited:
just purchased this beauty - Tag Heuer CV2010

a28akp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom