What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I have that exact same one for a few years, a favourite! Longines is really nice as the price point is excellent. You get a LOT of watch for your money.
I wasn't actually planning on buying another watch so soon after the hydroconquest, but the deal on the master chrono was just too good to ignore :p

Think I got something like £900 off the RRP.

Soldato
Yup as it stands, this new one is £3500 for less actual watch. It sits alongside the rest of the model lineup in a rather boring display, as you say, rinse and repeat, which is a shame to see. From 2012~ Tudor had some fresh new designs and engineered some great systems like the Pelagos clasp. With the boom of popularity thanks to social media mostly, everything has become diluted sadly.

Pelagos 39 is definitely interesting, but it is not something I would buy for the above reasons. They really need to up the game on styles/innovation - Seems to be heading the same direction of Rolex, reference after reference of rinse and repeat and nothing really truly new to the table. The BB Silver was one thing that was actually cool, and the FXD too I guess, but not even a year later and look at how many people are talking about them, hardly any! Seems to have gone down that boring hole for that pair too.

Display model in at local AD, so off to see them later today or over the weekend. Will also discuss selling BB58 etc

Soldato
Very nice.

Just tried on and looked at the new Pelagos. I’m 2nd on the list, but it’s a no.

BB58 wears better, the glass / face is too small and gets lost.

Estimated waiting list is now a couple of years.

Associate
Very nice.

Just tried on and looked at the new Pelagos. I’m 2nd on the list, but it’s a no.

2 years?! I’ll give it 6 months before they release a blue colour and everyone drops their original order.

Soldato
My 40th birthday present arrived early! Managed to get a Sinn 104 A ST SA second hand in MINT condition for a very good price!

it's my first dabble in to the higher end watch scene. Definitely have my eye on a few others, but this should see me good for many years as my everyday watch.

SI-365.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Very nice.

Very interesting, considering the lug to lug and case size between 58 and Pelagos 39 are more or less the same, I guess the boxier case shape of the Pelagos is what makes it wear differently - But this ultimately boils down to individual wrist shape too so I want to try one on for myself. I am not the biggest fan of the BB50 dial aesthetics though. Pelagos is in a league of its own, still retains the OG military-clean dial for legibility and lume presence. The BB58 is more style over function in this regard considering it's supposed to be a diver too.

Soldato
Seriously, it's been out what a week and we're supposedly in a cost of living crisis.... luckily I don't like it (too small for me) but at the same time I'm getting a little fed up with the current trend towards excessive waiting lists (hype train...) or being made to 'wait' for watches which are basically (expensive) mass produced items being aimed at 'consumers' (maybe they could make more before they start selling them...).. Now if it was Vacheron Constantin or something similar I could understand it but this is Tudor.

Waiting lists are usually even worse when a large portion of the list is made up of scalpers/flippers rather than people actually wanting the watch to wear....

Hell I've been considering a Longines zulu gmt and everywhere seems to be saying you need to wait 6 weeks for it....and even that is too long imo, especially when you have to pay the money up front in most cases. Maybe it's me but if paying 2.5-3K for a watch I want to be able to walk out the (virtual) door with it when I hand over the money.....but then I do have to travel over an hour to ANYWHERE that sells a watch over £300.

@Messiah Khan That does look nice and if that is the actual watch it looks pretty much brand new, so you did good there :)

Soldato
Seriously, it's been out what a week and we're supposedly in a cost of living crisis.... luckily I don't like it (too small for me) but at the same time I'm getting a little fed up with the current trend towards excessive waiting lists (hype train...) or being made to 'wait' for watches which are basically (expensive) mass produced items being aimed at 'consumers' (maybe they could make more before they start selling them...).. Now if it was Vacheron Constantin or something similar I could understand it but this is Tudor.

Waiting lists are usually even worse when a large portion of the list is made up of scalpers/flippers rather than people actually wanting the watch to wear....

Hell I've been considering a Longines zulu gmt and everywhere seems to be saying you need to wait 6 weeks for it....and even that is too long imo, especially when you have to pay the money up front in most cases. Maybe it's me but if paying 2.5-3K for a watch I want to be able to walk out the (virtual) door with it when I hand over the money.....but then I do have to travel over an hour to ANYWHERE that sells a watch over £300.

@Messiah Khan That does look nice and if that is the actual watch it looks pretty much brand new, so you did good there :)

Not overly bothered re waiting lists and I have seen a few on Chrono24 for £4-5k, crack on if they sell for that. I’ve waited for three watches and again no biggie, AD just puts me on the list and life goes on. Third watch isn’t coming as they’re departing from selling that brand. Oh well, no big deal.

It just wears small, AD thinks that too. We’ll see what Watch and Wonders brings next year re colours and more rinse and repeat.

It’ll wear ok for others, but not for me. Might look at a Everest / RubberB strap for an existing watch. 2023 thought is something from Grand Seiko.

Soldato
Very interesting, considering the lug to lug and case size between 58 and Pelagos 39 are more or less the same, I guess the boxier case shape of the Pelagos is what makes it wear differently - But this ultimately boils down to individual wrist shape too so I want to try one on for myself. I am not the biggest fan of the BB50 dial aesthetics though. Pelagos is in a league of its own, still retains the OG military-clean dial for legibility and lume presence. The BB58 is more style over function in this regard considering it's supposed to be a diver too.

I agree re shape of the wrists etc and other factors. Just the combination of the dial, bezel etc accentuates how small the dial is.

Reactions: mrk
Soldato
My 40th birthday present arrived early! Managed to get a Sinn 104 A ST SA second hand in MINT condition for a very good price!

it's my first dabble in to the higher end watch scene. Definitely have my eye on a few others, but this should see me good for many years as my everyday watch.

SI-365.jpg
Very nice, I also went for Sinn for my 40th, went for the same bracelet also. Lovely watches, hope you enjoy.

Sinn 103 ST SA Flieger 03 by Andy Baker, on Flickr

Associate
I appreciate Farer and at least they’re being more daring with their colour combos and designs; granted some of the designs are little too far out there / swatch design for my liking - but I'd rather that than just another homage type watch.

Back
Top Bottom