What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The ones I was reading about were about £70 or so! Seems they vcary too then lol.

I did some more macro in front of a window this morning because bored and macro is fun, hand held is a challenge even with IS :p

macro_2023.01.08_0955-19_00060.jpg

macro_2023.01.08_0951-46_00022.jpg

macro_dial4_2023.01.08_0956-45_00068.jpg

macro_dial1_2023.01.08_0958-35_00079.jpg

macro_crown_2023.01.08_1001-18_00098.jpg

macro_buckle_2023.01.08_1002-36_00103.jpg

That Hamilton case is finished so nicely :cool:

Soldato
Fancied a change and found an old Seiko in my drawer that needs a battery. Just called a local Timpson shop that does shoe repairs, watch, keys etc and they wanted £20 for a battery change!

Is it worth buying a basic kit off Ebay and just doing myself? There's a 16 piece kit on there for £7.99. Got to worth a punt?

Associate
Fancied a change and found an old Seiko in my drawer that needs a battery. Just called a local Timpson shop that does shoe repairs, watch, keys etc and they wanted £20 for a battery change!

Is it worth buying a basic kit off Ebay and just doing myself? There's a 16 piece kit on there for £7.99. Got to worth a punt?

yes absolutely worth it. I swap all our family and friends battery watches for the last 10 years and all I've got is a £5 kit of ebay and a selection of button batteries. Its very easy. Charging £20 to do it is hilarious.

Associate

Spend a little bit more and buy a kit with a three pronged case opened rather than one with a two pronged version. I could not imagine trying to open a tight case with only two contact points.I also suggest going for a kit that comes with spare nibs because these can wear down or even shear off.

I suggest upping the budget to £15-£20

Last edited:
Soldato
I took my old Seiko in to local jewelers -£10 - I just couldn't be assed to do it myself at that price.

I also gave outside a good clean and it looks fine now.

Also have Seiko chrono I tried to change battery on - What with failing eyes and fuzzy hands I managed to break off a very small piece of plastic and chrono doesn't work now. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato

yes absolutely worth it. I swap all our family and friends battery watches for the last 10 years and all I've got is a £5 kit of ebay and a selection of button batteries. Its very easy. Charging £20 to do it is hilarious.

Pretty sure the Timpsons £20 is a lifetime thing though -- I had an old Armani (yuk) watch that was gifted to me. I paid £20 and everytime it ran out I'd take it in with receipt and they'd swap it for me, no charge.

Soldato
Hey @mrk I've found a watch collection to suit your wrist size!

Watches start from about 8.30 mins onwards with a particularly suitable watch around 12.10 mins onwards :p
First time I've seen that channel, and I shan't be watching any more. The two on the left seem to never stop trying to show off their knowledge rather than letting the owner speak. Unbearable.

Soldato
First time I've seen that channel, and I shan't be watching any more. The two on the left seem to never stop trying to show off their knowledge rather than letting the owner speak. Unbearable.

It's their style but to give them credit they normally just discuss watches and their knowledge is insane. It's the first time I've seen them in someone else's house doing a mini tour and discussing watches.

Soldato
Haha I agree. I love watching Producer Michael who has an epic collection but has said some silly things, like the most recent video he asked on a Lange & Sohn what the numbers were (it was the time).

Soldato
Hey @mrk I've found a watch collection to suit your wrist size!

Watches start from about 8.30 mins onwards with a particularly suitable watch around 12.10 mins onwards :p

As with everything, it is possible to go too far! I couldn't live like that. My cost limit on a watch is £20,000. Anything above that is nuts to me.
Does anyone else find it annoying the way he can't keep his hands still even when he has a watch in his hand? I was just waiting for him to drop it.

Soldato
Back to basics.

Just dug another Seiko out of drawer - it went in there because it was losing time - It has a 7S26B movement and it is auto only -can't wind it by hand.
Gave it shake on and off then set time by another watch and after 24 hrs it's spot on.

I think my lifestye of not waving my arms around didn't wind it up enough and it ran out of puff.
Another watch saved and can be used.

Associate
It's their style but to give them credit they normally just discuss watches and their knowledge is insane. It's the first time I've seen them in someone else's house doing a mini tour and discussing watches.

I generally dont watch their stuff but did watch the Brick watch one with Dave and they showed everyone watching they didnt have a clue about some things.
Roman exclaims TAG is part of the Richemont group then their expert watchmaker takes one of the Brick watches apart and tells everyone how much the different parts would cost for a company to produce. Cue crazy prices plucked from thin air.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom