What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Back into looking at watches again and making my first purchase, I've never been a watch person previously but always been drawn toward Breitling in the past. I was initially going to treat myself for my 30th but priorities changed and I ended up buying something different instead, with my 32nd coming up in 6 weeks I'm back looking at watches!

I had a look in our local store and have pretty much fallen for the Superocean Heritage B20, got a few weeks to sit on it but I can't stop looking at them :D

Soldato
Back into looking at watches again and making my first purchase, I've never been a watch person previously but always been drawn toward Breitling in the past. I was initially going to treat myself for my 30th but priorities changed and I ended up buying something different instead, with my 32nd coming up in 6 weeks I'm back looking at watches!

I had a look in our local store and have pretty much fallen for the Superocean Heritage B20, got a few weeks to sit on it but I can't stop looking at them :D
Check out the Bicester Village Breitling store. It is an odd happening but theoretically they will have Breitling watches at a discount. Unsure why (specific models? dodgy product codes? seconds?) but worth a call to see if they can give you a price on one.

Soldato
Check out the Bicester Village Breitling store. It is an odd happening but theoretically they will have Breitling watches at a discount. Unsure why (specific models? dodgy product codes? seconds?) but worth a call to see if they can give you a price on one.
Thanks for that I'll give them a call closer to the time and see what they can do. When buying watches brand new is it normal to pay list price or do some dealers have wiggle room in the price to do a deal like the Bicester store? With other luxury items I've bought in the past there's normally a deal to be had but don't want to get laughed out of a shop:cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that I'll give them a call closer to the time and see what they can do. When buying watches brand new is it normal to pay list price or do some dealers have wiggle room in the price to do a deal like the Bicester store? With other luxury items I've bought in the past there's normally a deal to be had but don't want to get laughed out of a shop:cry:
Depends on the brand. Rule of thumb is - if they offer 0%, there is a deal to be done.

No harm in asking close to the end of the month/quarter too when they are pushing to hit target. Try different regions as well. If you know what you want, you can shop nationally and then they will ship it.

Soldato
Social media posts suggest Watchfinder are declining to purchase BLROs as even they're not getting sold from their stock (admittedly at their very inflated prices). I'd wait a while before buying from a shop as I imagine if the BLROs are not selling at dealers, many Breitling models won't be either, so prices may well start a race downwards @shauncr91

Associate
Social media posts suggest Watchfinder are declining to purchase BLROs as even they're not getting sold from their stock (admittedly at their very inflated prices). I'd wait a while before buying from a shop as I imagine if the BLROs are not selling at dealers, many Breitling models won't be either, so prices may well start a race downwards @shauncr91
what social posts said this fella?

Soldato
what social posts said this fella?
Screen grab reposted on TZ - if you know the site you'll know how hard it is to refind posts! If I come across it again I'll link here.

Edit: Found @Rikki

Post #3 in this thread may be of interest too, but the direct linked post #24 is the post I was previously referring to:

Last edited:
Associate
I received a black Invicta Pro Diver for Christmas, I picked up a nato with the intent on replacing the bracelet but it's really grown on me.

Soldato
@dLockers you get paid far too much money :p
Haha, great timing - as I sit here contemplating flogging the Speedy to pay for a kitchen :(.

But to be fair, the only really "spenny" watch bought with 'real money' is the Speedy. The way I justified the Seamaster and the BB58 is because I don't have a personal mobile (I charge it into my firm). So that's roughly £57/mo "banked". I had the Seamaster for 4 years before I got the BB58 and I'll have that for 4 years before I get the next one.

The other Seamaster (brown) was inherited from my late father.

And the two Seiko's were bought on eBay prior to the hype train kicking off (£280ish each?).

It is funny because I am "the watch guy" in my in-laws eyes, and at a family dinner I noticed the "runt" boyfriend of one of the girls was wearing an £18k Rolex Pepsi, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: fez
Back
Top Bottom