What watch do you wear?

Soldato
No BS shenanigans with the AD other than showing he has owned and not sold Rolex's (SeaDweller and a Datejust 2)
You say no BS, but then follow it with the usual utter BS shenanigans they get away with!

Did he have to take them in to the shop to show them he still had them?

Seven years is plenty of time to get bored of any watch!

Last edited:
Associate
Next on the watch front will be this workhorse. I know its the older model, but i don't exactly need any of the new functions. Kinda went overboard at the weekend and bought 3 g shocks. another similar to this one and and old cheapo one that'll get used for work - as long as its not too big for my girly wrists. That should be my limit for g shocks, some are pretty cool, but i couldn't get away with the size of them.

BKt4U2FI_t.jpg

Soldato
Where do people find best to sell their watches. I've a few designer type watches, Hugo Boss, Armani etc I want to move on. I've tried Gumtree on the off chance someone local wants on. Would eBay be a better option. I've not sold on eBay for about 10 year...
Ebay fees have gone bananas recently. They'll sting you at least 10%. I don't think you'll get a lot for them anyway, take them to a pawn shop.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My boss just had the call for his black on black Daytona. No BS shenanigans with the AD other than showing he has owned and not sold Rolex's (SeaDweller and a Datejust 2). 7 years wait, though!
I expect he will be posting in r/rolex soon, and then his post will be featured on r/watchescirclejerk :p

Soldato
I expect he will be posting in r/rolex soon, and then his post will be featured on r/watchescirclejerk :p
Haha, nawh, he is OG. He has a great collection of watches he loves/wears daily. He always says how he has never lost a cent on a watch he has bought, however I don't think he has ever sold a watch. This is the irony when he was like "eh mah gawd I can sell it for £30k!" and I was like "yeah but you won't sell it".

This is the lad that got offered a wealth manager by the firm and they were like "dude, none of your assets are liquid because you keep buying cars and watches, GTFO".

He is the chap who often uses his CSL for work duties (and let me drive it!):

XY1jnMU.jpg

skTK0fI.jpg

Associate
The Tissot PRX turned up on the weekend, they are still down at £408 on ticwatches.

Obligatory macro (well best I can do on a phone (S22U)):
U75sta1h.jpg

Wears OK, actually smaller than I thought, definitely a bit more of a dress watch than utilitarian.
oXOGSqhh.jpg

I'll see how it goes, I plan to wear this to the office a fair bit and see if I get on with things, then see if I want to expand to something more casual..

Congrats Sir, very nice model!

Associate
I've alway been tempted by a Christopher Ward. Trident pro 300 white dial specifically but not being able to try one beforehand has put me off. And the fact that I really want to put the money towards a speedy. .

Soldato
The newly annouced C65 Dune collection from Christopher Ward if you guys want to take a look. Particularly like this model:
[cream watch]
Saw that this morning and apart from thinking it was a little overpriced (nearly identical spec'd c63 is £80 less) thought it was really nice looking watch, especially the cream colour way which seems to be a rarity for some reason... there was a limited edition watch by an expensive brand I can't remember that was 'cream' that was really nice but far too expensive.

Biggest issue for me is that it's 38mm and that's just too small for my 8inch wrist imo.

Soldato
Omega putting prices up by 7% on 1st Feb :(
Could be worse... still not great though and it's not like they're not making huge profits on them at the prices they sell them at already...it's just another company using 'inflation' as a reason to increase prices.

Mind you JLC are increasing the reverso duo face by over 40% supposedly...

Soldato
Well after a quote of £20 for a battery change I decided to do it myself. Cost so far:

Ebay watch kit £8
3 prong watch wrench £15 after realising the 2 point one was rubbish
O-Rings £10
Battery pack £4
New battery pack after ordering the wrong ones £4
New strap £22

Total £63

At least I can do it myself next time! It's only an old Seiko Chrono, probably around 20 years old but I still really like it.

Can't seem to imbed the image for some reason. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Soldato
The Tissot PRX turned up on the weekend, they are still down at £408 on ticwatches.

Obligatory macro (well best I can do on a phone (S22U)):
U75sta1h.jpg

Wears OK, actually smaller than I thought, definitely a bit more of a dress watch than utilitarian.
oXOGSqhh.jpg

I'll see how it goes, I plan to wear this to the office a fair bit and see if I get on with things, then see if I want to expand to something more casual..
Great price for PRX
Love mine in Green

Back
Top Bottom