What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Oh well, out with the old and in with the new

iH13kPNc_t.jpg

Seiko being the "new" one. The Apple watch will be getting punted into a field...or sold. one or the other.
Nice what strap did you go for?

Associate
Nice what strap did you go for?
It's what was on it when i bought it, says its an Archer strap. Thought the orange complimented the navy watch face quite well.

Look how classy and well proportioned the 5 looks :cool:
Haha yeah, it's way classier than the Apple watch

Always loved watches, but fell out of love with it after i bought a Nixon and felt i had to replace the battery 2-3 times a year. Hadn't touched a watch in years after that. I now see Nixon's are the scum of the earth, so...life..uh...finds a way.

Skip forward to the tail end of last year, questionable heart conditions in the family and i was needing checked out. Got the Apple watch to help monitor my health, skip forward a few tests later and i was given the all clear and in tip top shape. Since then the watch has been getting more and more annoying "Loud Environment" Yeah no ****, im using an impact driver. But it has made me enjoy wearing a watch again, so thats it's only plus. Around a decade ago when i was into watches, i was after a Seiko 5, so it only felt right it was the first one to go for, before i fall hopelessly into this rabbit hole.

Soldato
Oh well, out with the old and in with the new

iH13kPNc_o.jpg

Seiko being the "new" one. The Apple watch will be getting punted into a field...or sold. one or the other.
That Seiko looks identical to the one I have just got out of drawer except I have a bracelet not a strap and think it's a 1990/2000 watch.
Can you wind it manually by hand - as said mine is auto only so have to keep shaking it on regular basis as I don't wave my arms around anymore. Keeps perfect time now I know how to wind it.

Soldato
Well got my £7.99 ebay kit to do the battery. 2 point wrench didn't work so bought a 3 point one. Got the back off but need different batteries. Also need a rubber seal. Boo...

Cheaper to buy a new watch lol.

Associate
That Seiko looks identical to the one I have just got out of drawer except I have a bracelet not a strap and think it's a 1990/2000 watch.
Can you wind it manually by hand - as said mine is auto only so have to keep shaking it on regular basis as I don't wave my arms around anymore. Keeps perfect time now I know how to wind it.

No mines and automatic as well, so i too need to do the "Seiko Shake"

Soldato
Look on Ali express for the exact same watches just under different brands (sometimes you can choose your own to be put on there!) but at a far more reasonable price. Why reasonable? Because they're made of the cheapest and most basic materials and movements. Buy one for a few quid at the absolute max.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty sure you can wind any of the Seiko autos.
Here you go - Mine is a 7S26

scroll down to blue and black watch. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The Tissot PRX turned up on the weekend, they are still down at £408 on ticwatches.

Obligatory macro (well best I can do on a phone (S22U)):
U75sta1h.jpg

Wears OK, actually smaller than I thought, definitely a bit more of a dress watch than utilitarian.
oXOGSqhh.jpg

I'll see how it goes, I plan to wear this to the office a fair bit and see if I get on with things, then see if I want to expand to something more casual..

Soldato
Thanks, just looking for simple design. Skagen look good for that.
how much are you looking to spend.... if you want true 'simple design' you want to look at Bauhaus inspired watches by the likes of junghans, stowa, nomos which is what most of the skagen watches are inspired by. They cost more but will also last considerably longer if looked after properly.

Associate
Where do people find best to sell their watches. I've a few designer type watches, Hugo Boss, Armani etc I want to move on. I've tried Gumtree on the off chance someone local wants on. Would eBay be a better option. I've not sold on eBay for about 10 year...

Soldato
The Tissot PRX turned up on the weekend, they are still down at £408 on ticwatches.

Obligatory macro (well best I can do on a phone (S22U)):
U75sta1h.jpg

Wears OK, actually smaller than I thought, definitely a bit more of a dress watch than utilitarian.
oXOGSqhh.jpg

I'll see how it goes, I plan to wear this to the office a fair bit and see if I get on with things, then see if I want to expand to something more casual..
I was going to grab one of these but the new Zenith skeleton has just come out and I am smitten. 10k tho :o

Soldato
My boss just had the call for his black on black Daytona. No BS shenanigans with the AD other than showing he has owned and not sold Rolex's (SeaDweller and a Datejust 2). 7 years wait, though!

Back
Top Bottom