What watch do you wear?

Associate
Decided to reward myself after 20 years working for my company.

Oris big crown pointer date x Cervo Volante

The fumé dial is quite hard to capture the range of colour with the domed glass but it's lovely in different light. The Date function is pretty clever and doesn't break or clutter the rest of the face.

It's a 38mm with the comfiest strap I have used so this will definitely be getting some wrist time.

P1034710.jpg

P1034710.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Those are nice, mate had the bronze for a short while but ended up returning it because within a week the Oris bronze finishing patinas relentlessly! Areas under a shirt cuff had a distinct difference to areas exposed to open air for example!

Soldato
Decided to reward myself after 20 years working for my company.

Oris big crown pointer date x Cervo Volante

The fumé dial is quite hard to capture the range of colour with the domed glass but it's lovely in different light. The Date function is pretty clever and doesn't break or clutter the rest of the face.

It's a 38mm with the comfiest strap I have used so this will definitely be getting some wrist time.

P1034710.jpg

P1034710.jpg
I’ve liked those for a while now, really lovely. Congrats!

Soldato
Back into looking at watches again and making my first purchase, I've never been a watch person previously but always been drawn toward Breitling in the past. I was initially going to treat myself for my 30th but priorities changed and I ended up buying something different instead, with my 32nd coming up in 6 weeks I'm back looking at watches!

I had a look in our local store and have pretty much fallen for the Superocean Heritage B20, got a few weeks to sit on it but I can't stop looking at them :D

Update on this, today I got my first ever mechanical, luxury watch.

Went into the Breitling main dealers and tried on numerous watches, I always dismissed the green/black and said I'd get the blue/rose gold but trying them in store my opinion completely flipped. The rose gold looked really poor in person and didn't impress at all, the green on the other hand is unreal and the way it flips/changes colour in different lighting conditions is unbelievable. Picked it up in 46mm which while sounding massive actually feels really nice on the wrist and I tried all of the different size variants.

Absolutely love this watch.

F5ZAoi3.jpg

Associate
Very nice. Looks like a nice fit, I've found that until you try one on you never know if it will be too big or small.
I've tried many watches on where a 44mm fits me better than a 41 or 42, then other times a 44 is no good.

Congrats on the purchase

Soldato

Went into the Breitling main dealers and tried on numerous watches, I always dismissed the green/black and said I'd get the blue/rose gold but trying them in store my opinion completely flipped. The rose gold looked really poor in person and didn't impress at all, the green on the other hand is unreal and the way it flips/changes colour in different lighting conditions is unbelievable. Picked it up in 46mm which while sounding massive actually feels really nice on the wrist and I tried all of the different size variants.

F5ZAoi3.jpg
Lovely, love the bracelets on those

Soldato

F5ZAoi3.jpg
Ah man that is so nice! If I had my time again, and it was 2023, I think I'd have got one of these over the latest Seamaster tbh.

Soldato
Aren't these just about to double in price?

I’ve wanted it for a good while and had the chance to get it at 9.2 when I got the Grand Seiko a few months back, but I passed on it. It went to 10.1 and now 11.2

Have a good rapport with the guy in the shop and asked him about the rumoured price hikes and he said yeah they’re going to go up massively, so I said get me one in and I’ll take it.

The Master Control Calendar I bought in ‘21 for 8250 is now 13k with a leather strap and 14.5-15k with the steel strap. Pretty wild increase on them.

Associate
Waaah some very nice models on the last few pages, congrats for the Oris and the Breitling Gents ;)

I've personally just gone crazy and bought a limited edition of the Feynman One. It looks quite unique, couldn't resist :D

Specs:

Grey Guilloche with Onyx Gemstone Dial
Gold colored Hands
Gold colored Pinion Cap
Case: 39mm
Lug to Lug: 46mm
Height: 11.5mm
WR: 50m
Lug width: 20mm
Movt: Top Grade ETA 7001
Caseback: Sapphire
Strap: Premium handmade Lizard strap by Yi Leather

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It reminds me of a fat frog no offence!

Pics of the Peseux 7001? Would be cool to see if they did anything to it as have the same movement in my Stowa.

Last edited:
Associate
It reminds me of a fat frog no offence!

Pics of the Peseux 7001? Would be cool to see if they did anything to it as have the same movement in my Stowa.

Ahahah none taken :D

I don't think they did anything special to the movement to be honest. Their speciality as a brand is more around the dial work.

Reactions: mrk

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm interesting there does seem to be some additional patterning decoration on the Stowa version, I suspect this is the extra decoration they mention on some models maybe:

macro_movement_2023.01.21_2320-24_00046.jpg

Soldato
Waaah some very nice models on the last few pages, congrats for the Oris and the Breitling Gents ;)

I've personally just gone crazy and bought a limited edition of the Feynman One. It looks quite unique, couldn't resist :D

Specs:

Grey Guilloche with Onyx Gemstone Dial
Gold colored Hands
Gold colored Pinion Cap
Case: 39mm
Lug to Lug: 46mm
Height: 11.5mm
WR: 50m
Lug width: 20mm
Movt: Top Grade ETA 7001
Caseback: Sapphire
Strap: Premium handmade Lizard strap by Yi Leather
You've definitely gone for the best of the bunch - I'm surprised that this one didn't sell out before the green! This looks much tastier.

So it's a Swiss movement in a Singaporean case? Or is it made elsewhere and put together in Singapore?

Caporegime
Picked up an antique watch which was listed as "unknown vintage watch" along with blurry pictures locally to me.

Went and picked it up because I suspected it might be an antique Rolex, and indeed it did turn out to be.

Runs a treat, really good trace for a watch so old and so small. It is circa 1915, sold new by Flinn & Co in Coventry.

Cleaned it up, replaced the crystal, and fitted a vintage hand finished ring lizard strap.

Modelled here by my mother.

74a1a85.jpg

o38XqLy.jpg

IU7GgDJ.jpg

Cost me £40, and around £65 including the strap and the four different crystals I had to order before I found one which fit properly.

The original is a .45 and fitted with crystal cement into a very shallow bezel lip. I found that a .6 pressed straight in without any cement.

Last edited:
Associate
You've definitely gone for the best of the bunch - I'm surprised that this one didn't sell out before the green! This looks much tastier.

So it's a Swiss movement in a Singaporean case? Or is it made elsewhere and put together in Singapore?

This model has just been made available this week. It is also a limited production due to the use of onyx gemstone, which apparently is not easy to work,with, and is only available for sell via their private Facebook group.
Sale is open until Monday and once closed the model will not be offered on their regular website.

And yes you got it right, Swiss movement in a watch made in Singapore ;)

Back
Top Bottom