What watch do you wear?

Transmission breaker
Don
Hadn't realised they came in anything other than black or blue. Is that a new colourway?
Not sure!!

Here it is:

Tudor1.jpg

And the Hamilton:

Hamilton1.jpg

Been wearing the Hamilton today for work and travelling and it's a lovely comfortable watch :)

Soldato
The GS is lovely. :)

I’ll get some more pics up tomorrow for you, it really is a beautiful piece in the flesh and the way the dial shimmers and changes depending on the light is something else. The spring drive movement is incredibly smooth, luxury watches have a great sweep but nothing moves like the spring drive!

If Tudor, then one of the Pelagos models for sure. Lightweight, the Titanium does patina but in a tasteful way and only subtly, the oxidisation of the material covers light scratches too over time. Can't hep but feel the Black bay range has been over-milked by Tudor, and overhyped by social media at this point.
Doing a bit more research and I came across this,

Love green, love the textured dial, reminds me of grand seiko, I think it's a bit more understated, good price as well, what do you think?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is very nice, textured dials are always a good shout! You can dress it up with strap options too as that dial will suit a bunch of different straps.

Caporegime
Oh yes, that is very nice indeed!

Must admit I'm not sure about the display case back. I know you don't have to look at it, but there isn't a lot you can actually see.

The power reserve being on the back is interesting though. Pretty cool. I think it is neat to see it on the front, but having on the back cleans up the dial.

That dial is wonderful.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry if this has been covered (tried a search but no results)

Has anyone tried diy watch club? i.e. building your own watch from a set of components? Looks like kinda fun

I looked into it briefly, but I don't see the point.

It comes with a fully assembled movement, a case with the crystal already installed, the dial, and the hands. Possibly a date wheel as well, though that may already be installed on the movement.

The assembly consists of putting the dial on, putting in the dial screws, pressing the hands on, then plonking it in the case, doing up the case screws, pushing the crown stem in, and then screwing or pressing the caseback on.

Probably 10 minutes careful work for someone with experience, half an hour perhaps for a complete amateur watching the provided videos and taking it slow.

If that appeals to you though, go for it! I can see how it might be a good way to get more confident with minor watch repair etc, you get a small sense of achievement, and I have read that the finished article is pretty good quality.

The kits come with good quality Japanese movements, and you get it all presented nicely in a leather pouch, with some tools and things that could come in handy again.

Last edited:
Associate
Only a cheap (thirty five quid) Chinese (YES, BIDEN, SUNAK. YOU HEARD ME 'CHINESE' (Blackview) smartwatch.. Believe it or not these obscure chinese brand smart watches 're good quality and get good reviews on Amazon and some of them, even the Chinese brands allow you to recieve messages and make phonecalls.
But one of the problems with these smart watches is that they have several watch faces that can be changed and it's hard trying to find one you like enough to make your official watch face but what I do is change mine every few days (i've got a few I like the most).
What I might do is upgrade to a more renown and better known brand like Huawei (how the hell d'you pronounce it officially?).
Believe me making and recieve calls from your smart watch does work and you get good reception but you'd get some right looks walking along the streets with your hands in your pockets using a smartwatch to answer a call.

Soldato
I've just got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. I absolutely love it. I've spent the last 5 years quite heavily in the watch industry and was vehemently against smartwatches, but I kind of get the smartwatch thing now. It's so useful I haven't worn any other watch for the last week.

Soldato
Popped into Chisholm hunter yesterday in princes street Edinburgh to try on a couple of watches mainly from a sizing point of view. Tried on the jlc Reverso duoface, the master ultra thin, the grand Seiko spring drive with the pink blossom dial and the glashutte original panomatic lunar white dial. All superb watches but the glashutte just blew me away. As I was speaking to the guy he was reeling off some history and quirks with each watch I tried on then he pulled out a couple of other grand Seiko's and reeled off the story behind them. I was ready to thank him for his time but he wandered over to let me see one of the special pieces in the shop and brought back two instead. The iwc perpetual calendar which was chunky as hell! But more importantly he let me try on the a lange & sohne Lange 1 in rose gold. Absolutely stunning watch and as I was looking through the case back noticed the sticker said 43.6k so I thought it best to hand it back in case something happened to it

Certainly have me food for thought on my next watch purchase though. Well worth the visit.

Permabanned
Popped into Chisholm hunter yesterday in princes street Edinburgh to try on a couple of watches mainly from a sizing point of view. Tried on the jlc Reverso duoface, the master ultra thin, the grand Seiko spring drive with the pink blossom dial and the glashutte original panomatic lunar white dial. All superb watches but the glashutte just blew me away. As I was speaking to the guy he was reeling off some history and quirks with each watch I tried on then he pulled out a couple of other grand Seiko's and reeled off the story behind them. I was ready to thank him for his time but he wandered over to let me see one of the special pieces in the shop and brought back two instead. The iwc perpetual calendar which was chunky as hell! But more importantly he let me try on the a lange & sohne Lange 1 in rose gold. Absolutely stunning watch and as I was looking through the case back noticed the sticker said 43.6k so I thought it best to hand it back in case something happened to it

Certainly have me food for thought on my next watch purchase though. Well worth the visit.
wow ... and that's second-hand ?? makes a Rolex seem like a Casio thx for the introduction to a very fine watch $216,720

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom