What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Stowa Marine sold! 1995 Casio Cognit Schema sold! Seiko save the ocean sold!

Feels kinda empty now, but I have watches I wear often as the only ones in my collection now.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Import duty is a complete lottery, having imported a lot of stuff over the years, not just watches, sometimes you get lucky and it's £0, sometimes you get rinsed, other times it's a trivial amount like £20 :p All seems to be down to how bothered the person filing the paperwork at customs is that day it feels like.

I've put this nylon strap on the Hamilton and actually like how it looks, the line in the middle matches the railroad track marker colours, so think I will keep it on this:

AClqaGS.jpg

Also with the amount of sun we've had down here lately, bronze matches my gradient-tan :D

BDLdxQ7.jpg

Soldato
Next watch is going to be PAM01404 - luminor quaranta bitempo luna rossa

Just had a look and I quite like that, I also quite like the white face of the PAM 01381 Due Luna Rosa. My PAM 320 has taken a back seat since I got the IWC Portofino Hand Wound Moon Phase but wore it on holiday to Sardinia and realised I still love it

Last edited:
Soldato
What's your thought on the Ranger? I am tempted as an everyday watch.
I really like it due to it's simplicity. Not in your face and such.. I have a few Tudor options, Pelagos, BB (smiley on an Everest strap), BB58 and Tudor. I would probably offload the OG Pelagos and BB58, been considering £2k for each ish.

Associate
I really like it due to it's simplicity. Not in your face and such.. I have a few Tudor options, Pelagos, BB (smiley on an Everest strap), BB58 and Tudor. I would probably offload the OG Pelagos and BB58, been considering £2k for each ish.
I don’t have a Tudor in my collection yet. I want something different from my Hulk and Sea Dweller so this could be it.

Soldato
Hi guys,

What watch would you guys recommend for the £4k mark?

I know there’s the omega 2nd hand market etc but just wondering what other suggestions one may have?

Many thanks
Rich

Soldato
Hi guys,

I know there’s the omega 2nd hand market etc but just wondering what other suggestions one may have?

Many thanks
Rich
Depends what you like really? Very much down to personal taste.

I'm looking at the Tudor black bay chrono currently, which is in that price bracket.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Many thanks
Rich
Grand Seiko, always second hand market even if you can get some of their stuff new with your budget.

Can even get into some older Rolex Datejusts with that. Some of the oldies are gorgeous.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,

Many thanks
Rich
Tudor and Omega would be my first looks depending on the style you're looking for. Diver, dress and so forth. As others have mentioned, Grand Seiko, too, but I wouldn't be paying retail for GS.

Rolex prob out of reach and you'll only get mugged for it anyway. That's the appeal of Tudor IMHO, still just about under the radar. I got my first Tudor in 2015 and nobody took a second look.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tend to like diver style watches best. I’ve recently got a Tudor gmt which I absolutely love. At first I was keen to get another Tudor as I really do love the brand having bought one.

I was partial towards an omega seamaster diver 300 co- axial they tend to be around this price, however I’m just not sure it “looks” like 4ks worth of Watch despite its gorgeous movement etc.

Unsure at the moment so I very much appreciated all the comments I can get :)

Rich

Back
Top Bottom