What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I tend to like diver style watches best. I’ve recently got a Tudor gmt which I absolutely love. At first I was keen to get another Tudor as I really do love the brand having bought one.

I was partial towards an omega seamaster diver 300 co- axial they tend to be around this price, however I’m just not sure it “looks” like 4ks worth of Watch despite its gorgeous movement etc.

Unsure at the moment so I very much appreciated all the comments I can get :)

Rich
If you like a GMT and sportier looking watches, maybe take a look at the longines Zulu time? It's a little under 3k I think and is rather nice.

For straight divers around that price, I like the Tudor pelagos and as you already mentioned, the seamaster 300.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you buying a watch so that it looks like a £4k watch etc? I like Tudor, my main critism for them though is they are a bit slab sided, but depends on the wrist size etc. I've got also got a Ranger and like it's simplicity, does it look like £2.5k of watch, no.

Soldato
I'm back and forth on getting one of these too.. To replace BB58, OG Pelagos and maybe Sub. My go to AD has a previously owned one in for about £3.6k I think
Got the bb58 in blue. But fancy one of these too. As the size is just right. The og pelagos feels a little big.

Soldato
I’ve always loved the Tudor pelagos. I was previously looking at them. Current leaderboard is between a seamaster 300 and possibly a pelagos. The majority of seamasters are around 4.5k which is more than I’d like to go to (can get them under 4k but they tend to be 2019-2020 models and a bit more battered. Not really what I’m wanting.

Don
Had a look at this, poss a little overpriced with no orig box and papers

listed as "very good" which on Chrono is "little or no signs of wear"

am I missing something re the crystal at 10 o clock?

waiting on seller reply

Soldato
Had a look at this, poss a little overpriced with no orig box and papers

listed as "very good" which on Chrono is "little or no signs of wear"

am I missing something re the crystal at 10 o clock?

waiting on seller reply
Definite scratch. You can see it on every picture. New glass will set you back a couple of grand I'd expect.

Associate
Definite scratch. You can see it on every picture. New glass will set you back a couple of grand I'd expect.

Unless an unusual shape the glass can be found for £10 once you know the size. It is not any different to any other watch glass. Finding somebody that you trust do the replacement will be another matter.

Is it a scratch or a crack though? Given that it reaches the edge of the glass.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just placed an order for a new Seiko - from Japan. :) looking forward to getting it, will post when it arrives.

Edit - £170 cheaper for the Jdm model. Bargain.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have any experience with Rotary’s Henley watches? Looking at the Seamatic or Chronograph as a budget watch I can wear as a daily. I’ve had the Seamaster on my wrist since 2016 and its been flawless but its time to get something a bit cheaper for messing about.

Back
Top Bottom