What watch do you wear?

Police - Horizon watch, was a gift.

It's more of a fashion accessory than a time telling device as you can hardly see the markings. Looks great though.

horizon_-_pl12744_jrsb-02m.jpg

New watch time!

Nasty old cheap broken one:

20120630_195134.jpg

New lovely expensive (for me) one:

20120630_195114.jpg

The original one was £120 down to £70 on sale, the new one was £250 down to £119 on sale. I think you'll agree it's a nice little upgrade, the old one started to look a little cheap on my wrist after i read through this thread!

My goal is for this one to be my 'everyday' watch and sometime next year to get myself an Omega Seamaster as a special occasion watch.

I've got a quick visit to the channel islands on the go and might be tempted to take advantage of then lack of VAT to go for the Omega Seamaster I've promised myself forever.

Problem is all my research is at home out of reach, can someone (Rotty, chris344?) help me out with a quick ball park price estimate to I don't get ripped off and any advice on model.

Not sure if it was the seamaster pro 300m or the PLanet ocean ( can't remember the difference, is the PO the 8500 movement and the 300m the "James bond", seem to remember the PO is slightly bigger?) chrono steel on steel 41mm. Not sure what the implications are of the new liquimetal bezels and if they are worth the premium or not, chrono automastic movement.

It'll be worn pretty much every day so goes with casual or suit and needs to be relatively tough as a every day watch. Not a fan of all the complications on the speed masters, just time and date and not too chunky "I've just been diving in the north sea" look. Was tempted by a aqua terra grey previously but have come back round to the classic pro,mnot least as I suspect it will hold its price we'll.

Talk about first world problems ;)

Any advice or links appreciated ( I've fairly limited phone based Internet at the moment so depth research isnt easy)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new watch and I've got a budget of about £300. I like the look of the Tissot PRC200, but admittedly I know fairly little about watches and have no idea if there's anything else within budget that's of higher quality.

Any suggestions?

Picked myself up a new watch, slightly older model but I really like it.

I wear a cheap Swatch day to day as it usually gets dirt and can get splashed etc at work, so have this for evening/weekends.

IMAG0097.jpg

Was SO close to taking advantage of the Euro (currently in Corfu) and pulling the trigger on a lovely Tissot today.

I'm coming home tomorrow, I'll look in the airport and see if I can man one duty free.

Back
Top Bottom