What watch do you wear?

Just spent a good hour reading this thread from page one.
How things have changed and a lot of usernames I have never seen -Also quite a few are still up and running. What a difference 15yrs has made.
Also watch tastes have improved -The thing that has always peed me off is Photobucket printed right across centre of pictures.
I think Photobucket on the dial was a watermark from the image uploader site, not a trend in watches historically.

That Pelagos blue really pops, very nice.

Always loved the blue on the Pelagos. Nothing else quite like it. Bright smurf blue but pretty understated as it's matt not shiny.

Not enough Seamasters in there TBH.
HaHa. They do all look the same but older to newer movements. The back 2 are 2500c, front left 8500 and to the right is the blue 8900 (although it looks black in that picture) very hard to capture as 8900 is shiny as hell with the ceramic dial and bezel. I did the same a few years back where i collected all the seamaster 300's. 2254 to pre co-axial and co-axial models. I think I may of posted pics of them way back in this thread near the start

I think Photobucket on the dial was a watermark from the image uploader site, not a trend in watches historically.

I used Photobucket way back when this thread first started. The pics remain but with the watermark. Photobucket was free back in the day. Now they charge. I can't access the account anymore without paying so I no longer have control on the pics posted. I'm glad they are still hosted though even if they are watermarked

It's definitely the advice it used to be. Just because something has become more socially acceptable doesn't mean that large and chunky mens watches on womens tiny wrists doesn't still look completely daft. Jody Kidd 'having an epic watch collections' just means she has a collection of good watches, not that they actually look good on her wrist. Plus of course, it's easy to say things look good on beautiful celebrities, because, well, beautiful celebrities.

Charlize looks hot as hell wearing a deep sea IMO

Thanks buddy. My only real criticism is that it is so light weight due to it being titanium that it makes your brain think it is not as well put together as other steel divers. The reality couldn't be further from the truth though. Although titanium is a massive scratch magnet!
Looks amazing, I tried this on but in the end went with the 39, mainly because I didn't want another blue dive watch. The 39 is even lighter but I've already got used to it, and think the colour and feel of the Ti makes the weight trade off worth it.

Thanks buddy. My only real criticism is that it is so light weight due to it being titanium that it makes your brain think it is not as well put together as other steel divers. The reality couldn't be further from the truth though. Although titanium is a massive scratch magnet!
I know what you mean. I have had a titanium watch and it was unbelievably light. Scratched so easily too.

My two favourite Tudors are the blue pelagos and the black bay chrono panda. I'd like to get them both eventually.

I know what you mean. I have had a titanium watch and it was unbelievably light. Scratched so easily too.

My two favourite Tudors are the blue pelagos and the black bay chrono panda. I'd like to get them both eventually.

I think we must have similar tastes as I was also looking at the chrono but reverse panda. Just came down to money really.

Charlize looks hot as hell wearing a deep sea IMO
Wow you don't say... a super famous celeb looks as hot as hell wearing a mans watch? Refer to the last part of my post that you quoted, she would look "hot as hell" (lol) wearing ANY watch. ;)

State of the watch collection
Ahh a fellow Pelagos blue owner! I have had mine for some years and I love it. Your Omegas do admittedly look very similar though! :D

Last edited:
Found an old 1960s Breitling among my fathers possessions. He wants to get rid of it but not sure where to begin. It's clearly seen better days, although underneath the dirt the condition looks very good. It's not functioning and would need a service alongside a clean.

Any tips on selling?

Last edited:
Found an old 1960s Breitling among my fathers possessions. He wants to get rid of it but not sure where to begin. It's clearly seen better days, although underneath the dirt the condition looks very good. It's not functioning and would need a service alongside a clean.

Any tips on selling?

Getting it sorted before selling will be worth the effort. Take the time to find a suitable person who will work on it themselves - your local jeweller is more likely to act as the go between.

STS have very good reputation for Omega. Breitling aren't on their list of watches they service, but this being an old one may fall within their area of expertise: https://swisstimeservices.co.uk/

I suggest contacting them and finding out. If they don't, they may be able to recommend someone (I suggest a phonecall rather than email for that discussion).

Service won't be cheap. But it'll be worth the effort.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I agree it would be beautiful with a little bit of love.

As you've recommended, I contacted WatchRepairUK - unfortunately they won't work on vintage watches.

Also contacted STS - they say it's not a brand they deal with after recent Breitling accreditation changes, and given the age I should take it directly to a Breitling store.

Back
Top Bottom