What watch do you wear?

dod

dod

Soldato
Might get some flack for this as it's not a real Omega :D but I loved the look of the Mercury and finally managed to get to a swatch shop to pick one up

The case feels cheap and nasty, but it's a nice looking watch

fbiBJyf.png

I think they’re great. Fun watch that looks good and you don’t have to worry about .
I’ve got a couple now, Mars and moon, mercury will be the next one . Not so keen on the blancpain ones though

Associate
Was thinking about going to try one of these on soon, I like the idea of it being titanium, and a titanium bracelet to I think?

Really like them!
I've always loved the look of the pelagos, but could never get over the toy like feeling due to the lack of weight. That and the grade 2 ti being softer than steel.

But since the fxd and the 39 appeared I keep looking at them, so in the meantime I picked up a San Martin sn0121t for £200 to see if I can get used to it before paying up for the real thing. Pretty much a 39mm knock off of the OG pelagos including being all titanium. I think I'll end up 4k worse off by the end of the year. :cry:

g4w1eqS.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I got banned from one of my favourite FB horology pages yesterday because some goofball was extolling the virtues of the Blancpain x Swatch collaboration and said "one of my favourite parts of queuing up for the watch was to engage with others in the queue and educate them about the history of the Blancpain FF and how they should aspire to save towards owning one". All I said was "I bet you're fun at parties". I'm still salty over it because I really enjoyed that page but oppressive moderation had other ideas for me.

Soldato
I got banned from one of my favourite FB horology pages yesterday because some goofball was extolling the virtues of the Blancpain x Swatch collaboration and said "one of my favourite parts of queuing up for the watch was to engage with others in the queue and educate them about the history of the Blancpain FF and how they should aspire to save towards owning one". All I said was "I bet you're fun at parties". I'm still salty over it because I really enjoyed that page but oppressive moderation had other ideas for me.
Sounds like they've got too much time on their hands. ;)

Soldato
I would like to buy my Dad a watch for his 70th.

Any ideas for something nice up to £750?

---

Anyone know why this watch is twice the price as this one yet looks pretty much the same?

The first one is an automatic while the second one is a quartz (battery) one so it's more complicated to make.

Also

Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pioneer Mens Watch H76205530

Hamilton Khaki Aviation Pioneer Mens Watch H76205530
www.chisholmhunter.co.uk
www.chisholmhunter.co.uk

My first thought was the above as due to age the Hamilton khaki watches have quite legible dials. The one linked is automatic but perhaps a mechanical watch or a quartz would be better suited

Soldato
So with the automatics if it is something one doent wear often but only on good occasions will it always need to be wound up before use?
Yes, the power reserve is around 2-3 days, so if you don't wear it you'll need to wind it (just rock it back and forth a few times to let it kick in, you can then wear it and it'll wind itself from natural movement).

edit/ as above an automatic is more special as it is completely mechanical vs a quartz, which just uses a battery and circuit (with quartz to keep sync).

Also, I saw this watch looking at your price range, thought it looked rather nice, Hamilton are a good brand too - https://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/hamilton-american-classic-intra-matic-mens-watch-h38425140.html

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Might get some flack for this as it's not a real Omega :D but I loved the look of the Mercury and finally managed to get to a swatch shop to pick one up

The case feels cheap and nasty, but it's a nice looking watch

fbiBJyf.png

Blue is the colour for me and I have one of each:

jX8z1kt.jpg

I went for these instead of a Dark Side Of The Moon which has had me tempted for a while. :D

dod

dod

Soldato
Well, at a guess, one is a desirable mechanical automatic, and the other has, err, a circuit board with a chip.
You mean like these? I happen to think that they're grossly over valued (like all Rolex at the moment) but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with quartz watches. Appreciate them for what they are.

Soldato
Soldato
Just spent a good hour reading this thread from page one.
How things have changed and a lot of usernames I have never seen -Also quite a few are still up and running. What a difference 15yrs has made.
Also watch tastes have improved -The thing that has always peed me off is Photobucket printed right across centre of pictures.

Back
Top Bottom