What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Managed to snag one of these today but not sure I'm that sold on it:

tXwMmGyl.jpg

My eyes!

Soldato
Are you not sold in general, or the colour? I have the Pluto one which I really like, I've been thinking of getting an Earth.

I think it popped more on the website/advert material, but it's also my first Moonswatch and I'm not entirely sure about the strap on it either.

I'm going to give it some thought though, the strap is easily changed :) I don't want a nato, mind you.

We were allowed to buy one from each collection today, so could've left with 4 Moonswatches each, but my other half went for the white Snoopy, and I went for the Polar Lights.

Website for ref:

CjWLaBz.png

What do you guys think of this for the money?

I've been temped by one in the past, some might scoff at it being quartz but this is a VHP (very high precision) quartz movement, one of the most accurate in the world, losses around 5 seconds a year, some people say only 3 seconds compared to +/- 15s a month for a regular quartz, it also has a perpetual calendar so you don't have to worry about changing the date.

It has a magnetic detection and correction system, for example if the watch detects magnetism it will stop the movement and reset the hands back to the correct position after the magnetic field is no longer detected.

It has a shock correction system, if the watch has an impact it will reset the hands back to the position they were in before the impact, this is possible due to the gear position detection system that enables the movement to constantly recall the last position the hands were in.

And if that's not all it you can pull the crown fully out and it puts the watch into dormant mode, after 1 min all hands will go to noon to save the battery, once you push the crown back in the hands will move back to the correct time.

And finally it has two stages of end of life battery indication, first stage is the seconds hand jumps in 5 second increments, and finally last stage all hands advance to noon and the watch goes into sleep mode, at this stage you have 6 months to change the battery, this is some crazy tech for a quartz watch!

Last edited:
Soldato

I've been temped by one in the past, some might scoff at it being quartz but this is a VHP (very high precision) quartz movement, one of the most accurate in the world, losses around 5 seconds a year, some people say only 3 seconds compared to +/- 15s a month for a regular quartz, it also has a perpetual calendar so you don't have to worry about changing the date.

It has a magnetic detection and correction system, for example if the watch detects magnetism it will stop the movement and reset the hands back to the correct position after the magnetic field is no longer detected.

It has a shock correction system, if the watch has an impact it will reset the hands back to the position they were in before the impact, this is possible due to the gear position detection system that enables the movement to constantly recall the last position the hands were in.

And if that's not all it you can pull the crown fully out and it puts the watch into dormant mode, after 1 min all hands will go to noon to save the battery, once you push the crown back in the hands will move back to the correct time.

And finally it has two stages of end of life battery indication, first stage is the seconds hand jumps in 5 second increments, and finally last stage all hands advance to noon and the watch goes into sleep mode, at this stage you have 6 months to change the battery, this is some crazy tech for a quartz watch!
Appreciate all that, but it looks gash.

Soldato

dLockers summarised it nicely

Associate
I quite like the looks, but if it's the tech that impresses you then Citizen does even more for half the price. If you want Longines on the dial however, then that's your answer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, yes the tech is what I like, I didn't know Citizen did cheap high accuracy quartz watches, have you got an example for me?
For that type of watch, something from citizen or Seiko is probably a better bet.

If you want something really accurate, then you can get a radio synced one that adjusts itself every morning.

Personally accuracy doesn't bother me too much as I swap between watches and set the time again fairly regularly.

Soldato
Not sure why people are bothered by accuracy that much to be honest. As long as it doesn't lose or gain more than 5 seconds or so a day.

I did have a citizen radio controlled watch years back and the tech was kinda cool though :)

Last edited:
Associate

I think you should buy whatever you want, visuals of a watch are subjective, if like the look of the watch, the features and the tech, then go for it.

Not sure why people are bothered by accuracy that much to be honest. As long as it doesn't lose or gain more than 5 seconds or so a day.

I did have a citizen radio controlled watch years back and the tech was kinda cool though :)

It's more to do with an appreciation for the movement, there are people out there that like to specifically collect high accuracy quartz movements (HAQ), I was really enquiring as to whether 'technically' was it good value, I've struggled to find anything that can beat it for the price in terms of movement features and accuracy, radio controlled watches have very basic quartz movements that need updating regularly to keep accuracy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom