What watch do you wear?

Associate
Bought this little late 80's (I think) Seiko 5 from the local car-boot for £2.

AND into the daily rotation! Total cost - £11

Love it, great job. Subjective I know, but I do think it would look better on a bracelet with fitted end links though (even the tinfoil originals on the jangly bracelet!). 20 minutes and an abrasive pad might see the Seiko bracelet looking nicer....

Soldato
New watch day - Garmin Epix to replace my aging Fenix 5

1000074390-01.jpg

1000074393-01.jpg

1000074394-01.jpg

Comparison

1000074399-01.jpg

1000074401-01.jpg

Screen is sooooo much better

1000074407-01.jpg

1000074416-01.jpg
Nice.
I wondered who bought white :) good deal on them at the moment though! And looks great on you.

I deliberated along time on epix vs Fenix. But kept with the MIP display mainly for discreetness and battery life. If I could wear a 51mm the battery life wouldn’t be a problem.

I’ve come from a 5 plus which my 12 year old is now wearing looking all sporty.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
Love it, great job. Subjective I know, but I do think it would look better on a bracelet with fitted end links though (even the tinfoil originals on the jangly bracelet!). 20 minutes and an abrasive pad might see the Seiko bracelet looking nicer....
Sadly one of the end links is missing, and the other is bent... But I will see if I can find the parts and will put the original one back on when it is complete again!

Soldato
Nice.
I wondered who bought white :) good deal on them at the moment though! And looks great on you.

I deliberated along time on epix vs Fenix. But kept with the MIP display mainly for discreetness and battery life. If I could wear a 51mm the battery life wouldn’t be a problem.

I’ve come from a 5 plus which my 12 year old is now wearing looking all sporty.
Thanks and yes the white would not be my first choice. Thought I'd order it, take a look and send back if I didn't like it.

I do actually really like it and tried a few different straps on - certainly a keeper

I had the same Fenix (7 is also on offer) or Epic and was / am blown away by the "upgrade" in the screen from the Fenix - especially my 5

Soldato
Thanks and yes the white would not be my first choice. Thought I'd order it, take a look and send back if I didn't like it.

I do actually really like it and tried a few different straps on - certainly a keeper

I had the same Fenix (7 is also on offer) or Epic and was / am blown away by the "upgrade" in the screen from the Fenix - especially my 5
The screen is very nice. Enjoy.
They make Apple Watches laughable.

I enabled the ecg via the back door route. Seems a pointless gimmic lol

Associate
Spent an hour at my local Patek dealer looking at some models and getting a great educational history lesson. Had a look at some seriously nice watches.

Put my name down on a 6007G and a 5212A, will be one or the other, don't expect to see either for a year or so which works for me.

I've fallen head first down the rabbit hole, for so many years my hobby was work. This is a nice distraction.

Back
Top Bottom