What watch do you wear?

so you are sitting in a smart restaurant, you are really going to get your phone out to check the time ?

I have. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If someone at the next table judges me for it then that's their problem - not mine.

I like watches, but they tend to be fashion items for many people now.

You guys have got taste! ;) Was planning on a C60 on a nato as my payday treat at the end of the week :D

Hmm the question for me though is which strap do I want? I never used to get along with metal, but that was ages ago... but I do think leather looks the best (even though it can't go in water diving). Hmm...

I have. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If someone at the next table judges me for it then that's their problem - not mine.

In some cases I agree with you, Armani watches for example.

Oh speaking of Armani, when Chris and I were in the jewellers, we found a rep who was standing next to a woman who was sorting out/cleaning a load of Armani watches and after looking at the Longines Chris pointed out a nice looking Armani watch and said

"see they look nice, but I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, really bad quality and just ****"

Jeweller rep smirked then says "that lady is a rep from Armani"

I couldn't help it I burst out laughing :D - especially after seeing the look of hatred on her face :D

I always forget to wear one,You know evony? perfect, the evony team is now developing a new game tynon featuring city building, farm managing and quest doing, and this game is quite similiar to the browser mmo odin quest by youjoy. Well, these two games are great. just check my review or video and screenshots for these browser mmo games.

Last edited:

They always have been, even the old pocket watches with the gold chain - just bling for Victorian gents... :D

These days though you do seem to pay a premium for the brand - unless you're spending large amounts on a watch using in-house movements then your typical £2k watch can often be using the same ETA movement as some other watch for £500... though they might have renamed the movement and given the impression that they've done something significant to it, in reality they often haven't.

They always have been, even the old pocket watches with the gold chain - just bling for Victorian gents... :D

These days though you do seem to pay a premium for the brand - unless you're spending large amounts on a watch using in-house movements then your typical £2k watch can often be using the same ETA movement as some other watch for £500... though they might have renamed the movement and given the impression that they've done something significant to it, in reality they often haven't.

as you say the £1k to £2k watch price bracket is very confusing with a lot of stuff with no reason that could justify the price tag

Guys, I just checked the Christopher Ward forum and on Monday there is a 30% sale on the C5 Malvers. However he is doing a "preview" for their forum members, so you can bag one this weekend http://www.christopherward.co.uk/sale/preview/mens-30/hidden2/hidden.html

I can get one for £154 ex VAT! Seems absurd not to buy one as a backup for that price, and I will get the C60 later. The Quartz version is also absurdly cheap at £115 inc VAT!

Only question is... black dial or white dial? :eek:

Havent posted here in a while

latest addition, had to sell my navi and IWC 3227-01 :( to fund, but it was worth it.

Joins my sub-c and IWC Portuguese :cool:

20120707_085422-1-1.jpg

Ok, just bought the Christopher Ward C5 Malvern with black dial for £165inc delivery... seems pretty stupendous value for a true Swiss made and movement watch to be honest, and will do me perfectly as a starter watch for all-purpose wear. Resale value will be good too I imagine. :)

Last edited:
My Skagen keeps randomly stopping again, so looks like I'm going to have to take it back to Goldsmiths, for what I think is the 4th time now. Which is just a right **** take, I've not even had it two years yet.

Do I have any rights or anything to get a refund / complete replacement? Or not because of how long I've had it? I do have their like extra long warranty / insurance thing which I bought with the watch when I got it.

3 years warranty its says on that make. I'd be asking for a new one after three attempts going on a fourth. Might have to push it up the ladder a bit, don't accept a repair imo, it's not fit for purpose.

My Skagen keeps randomly stopping again, so looks like I'm going to have to take it back to Goldsmiths, for what I think is the 4th time now. Which is just a right **** take, I've not even had it two years yet.

Do I have any rights or anything to get a refund / complete replacement? Or not because of how long I've had it? I do have their like extra long warranty / insurance thing which I bought with the watch when I got it.

unless there is something in the warranty you have, no, you do not have any right to demand refund/replacement.

I'm actually, disgustingly, giving thought to buying a replica watch of good quality. I live in Switzerland, and while i'd love to spend a months salary on a nice watch, i'm simply not in a position or mindset to do so. If im honest with myself I just want a nice watch as a fashion accessory rather than for love of having an amazing watch, so I figure if I get a good replica, then no-one will question it as here in Switzerland it's nothing unusual to see Omegas, Tags, Rolex's etc etc... and certainly no-one (other than anyone who knew me well, but id admit it to them anyway) would ever suspect me of buying a fake. Only I kwould know, and my conscience would be cool with it.

Yes, I know you watch lovers are now sniffing the air in disgust... but can anyone recommend a good replica company? :D

EDIT - Just seen this place http://replicaperfection.com/

Seems the replicas are also made in Switzerland with ETA movement... making the replicas better than most genuine but non-Swiss watches out there anyway!

the other hand of course, is that because there are so many who wear the genuine article, they will find it very easy to spot a fake...so make sure your replica is up to scratch.

I have seen a lot of Chris Ward watches on here

Where do they stand in the quality stakes as I hadn't heard of them before
Are they better than Omega or Seiko, do they hold value etc
Im guessing Im asking where they stand in the watch stakes, a general feel for the brand and are they worth 750-1K as I have seen one I like, and Im 50/50 whether to go for it...

Seiko cover the entire range from the cheap to the pretty expensive. CW are better than the lowest seikos...they aren't omega level.

Very good watchmaker tho.

Really like the look of the Christopher Ward C8 Pilot MkII. Probably black strap over brown as it'd go with a wider range of outfits and colours.

Currently priced at £365. Worth the money or not? I've seen plenty of reviews suggesting the quality is up there with some Tag Heuer, Omega, Breitling watches at a quarter of the price but not sure if they're simply wild claims or not far from the truth.

I have one, like it very much.

Id put it over tag and breitling but below omega.

Today it's my favorited basher, a blue Sumo (SBDC003). Easily (imo) the best value watch for around £400.

Not my pics
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8620/sumolnkearm.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4302/sumolnkeliggesidelns.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6555/tunlumelnke.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

sumo ftw..
i had a black sumo but got rid of it...immediately regretted it and now I've got a blue sumo....i do miss the black sometimes tho :(

Back
Top Bottom