What watch do you wear?

You won't find them in the UK easily, they're a domestic watch, so limited to Japan mainly.

Although you can find them on the French Seiko site for € 1,999 or a number of Japanese dealers.

http://www.seiko.fr/la_collection/c...=cmVmPVNCRFgwMDEmYW1wO29wdHNDW109cGxvbmdlZQ==

http://www.seiyajapan.com/

There is a seller on the Spanish ebay who has them and a dealer in Indonesia called Kucimo Jahja who is considerably cheaper, I bought mine from him directly. Can't help on the female front, I tend just not to tell mine. Worked so far, God help me if she ever takes a real interest :(

http://kucimoinc.blogspot.co.uk/

William Jean, he's in Canada, 4-7 working days last time I ordered. Btw, he will give you discount if you join TZ-UK and tell him you're a member.

Many thanks for the help, shame they don't offer them over here. Unfortunately for me the missus is more thorough than hmrc when it comes to money :( Starbucks would never have slipped by unnoticed if the treasury had her in charge.

I haven't bought a new watch in about 3 yrs, would love to swap but nothing catches my eye, looking at used as new prices are daft at the moment

want a semi sports watch but one that can also go with a suit at a push, 1st choice would be a Audermars Piguet royal oak offshore but even used I can't run to one of those, any suggestions?

I won't lie, I have been eyeing up the marinemaster 300. But the fact I can't find a UK supplier and that my missus would bury me alive if I spent that kind of money on a watch prevents me.:(

Where did you get your super oyster if you don't mind me asking?

It came with the watch, I bought it from seller called Yobokies. His email is [email protected]

He makes some lovely seiko mods, check them out:- http://s161.beta.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?start=all

I haven't bought a new watch in about 3 yrs, would love to swap but nothing catches my eye, looking at used as new prices are daft at the moment

want a semi sports watch but one that can also go with a suit at a push, 1st choice would be a Audermars Piguet royal oak offshore but even used I can't run to one of those, any suggestions?

Explorer II 42mm? Goes well with pretty much anything.

Panerai 312?

Opinions on the Rado D-Star 200 series?

I'm after a diving watch in the next few months and this one in the Chrono version is a beauty and looks like nothing else I've seen among all the usual diving designs. tried it on yesterday and it is surprisingly bloody heavy though. :eek:

It is also in a normal format...

Also much cheaper and still looks elegant without being the usual Omega or Rolex clone with the hand shape... though not a huge fan of cyclops in general.

No hotlinks. Thank you.

Last edited:

iwc 3227 is another genta inspired design?

new iwc pilots are lovely, especially the 3878 with inhouse movement and the grey dial normally reserved for precious metal watches

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/IWC-Pilot-Spitfire-Chronograph-IW387802-23590.html

Just wondering about what is quite an obvious question to have asked about my buying a Seiko SKX007 and a Super Oyster Type II bracelet. How easy is it to remove the bracelet the watch will come with and replace it with the one I've bought specially? I'm half thinking of going to a jeweler's in town and get them to swap them for me. :p

Just wondering about what is quite an obvious question to have asked about my buying a Seiko SKX007 and a Super Oyster Type II bracelet. How easy is it to remove the bracelet the watch will come with and replace it with the one I've bought specially? I'm half thinking of going to a jeweler's in town and get them to swap them for me. :p

Its easy enough if you have a watch bracelet tool, which can be bought pretty cheap on ebay. Jewelers will probably charge you a fiver.

Its easy enough if you have a watch bracelet tool, which can be bought pretty cheap on ebay. Jewelers will probably charge you a fiver.
Hmm. I've searched, "watch bracelet tool" and I'm getting what appear to be two different products. :confused: Unless someone can recommend a particular item or shop/seller to buy from I think I'll take everything to a jeweler in town. :)

Every day; Seiko Automatic on an old Animal Leather & Velcro strap.

Evening; Tag Kirium with Blue Face (18th Birthday gift from parents - as I was yacht racing at the time and all other watches tore the rubber cuffs of my sailing jackets) Needs a battery replacement!

Other; Diesel Fashion Watch on brown leather, Ellesse Stainless Steel with Blue face.

Sold my Brietling SOS as I hated the thing and daren't touch the winder for fear of causing a rescue attempt.

Just ordered this as my new daily after my trusty guess watch decided to no longer be waterproof and end up with condensation all over the face of it.

20130113_195705.jpg

Apologies for rubbish pic. Couldn't be bothered to make the effort to get a good one with my phone. At £95 I was more than happy.

What other watches have you had in the past?

IWC Big Ingenieur?

Rolex TT DJ
Roles TT Sub
Panerai 104
Omega Seamaster
Omega Planet Ocean
JLC extreme world chrono

several Tags (mainly to flip ;) )

The AP ROO just keeps smileing at me but at £9k second hand I can't run to it

Back
Top Bottom