What watch do you wear?

At the moment I'm wearing this -
A018_1_20101011_2f00ba22-002d-4e48-b720-bab8e5f2848720253.jpg

But it's getting very grubby, thought about getting this :
b854f5f4fd8e1befc098beaacfc1519e.png

True :p A lot of people think that but the HBB is an awesome watch; but like the AP ROO some are too flashy but the lesser models are subtle and wear well. A guy at work has one and it looks pretty decent.

The Seiko autos seem to be a popular daily watch for many people but I'd like to have a daily more similar to the PRC 200 Tissot although maybe a bit cheaper, reflective of being worn casually to work and back etc. turns out I don't really like bracelets so a leather strap would be ideal as well.

What others make would be similar?

Alternatively I could use the 200 as a daily as I am now (it's my only watch lol) and buy something more special for those occasions. I really like the 200, seems to fit well with any type of formal or casual wear.

Alternatively v2! I could just keep the one watch but the main concern is how long the leather straps will last with daily use or whether there are any special care requirements for them?

I believe this Seiko bracelet is widely known as one of the most comfortable steel bracelets available anywhere and I wouldn't disagree.

I think the watch itself is now out of production, I got mine off eBay as it was one of the last places that had one available new. Beware the watch itself as the pics can be misleading - it comes in PVD finish as well as plain Stainless. I like the PVD but many people don't.

The watch itself is a typical Seiko automatic, bulletproof 7S36 23 jewel movement. Power reserve isn't great though, it has to go on a winder or needs resetting if I'm going to wear my other watch for the day.

Last edited:
Ah thanks. I tried my dad's bracelet and couldn't get on with it (I walk a few miles a day and live/work by/on the sea so it does get chilly which I found it to irritate my wrist) :(

I've ordered the 5 Military in the 2nd link though, should be here in 2 days. It's the 21 jewel version not 23, the 23 has a bigger casing whereas this is 39mm which is perfect for my wrist (The Tissot is 40mm).

The Strela arrived! It's just slightly smaller than I expected but it looks good in a classic and understated way. I'm very impressed with the quality, finish and feel of the watch. It definitely gives some much more expensive stuff a run for the money, comparing it to my last Fortis and Oris.

6sIOl.gif

Last edited:
At the moment I'm wearing this - [/IMG]http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll300/A018_1_20101011_2f00ba22-002d-4e48-b720-bab8e5f2848720253.jpg[/IMG]

But it's getting very grubby, thought about getting this : [/IMG]http://gyazo.com/b854f5f4fd8e1befc098beaacfc1519e.png?1358136437[/IMG]
I actually like it, but I'm sure it will get grubby pretty fast :p

Back
Top Bottom