What watch do you wear?

My replacement for my old G Shock:

ExportedPics-3-5.jpg

ExportedPics-2-8.jpg

£60 is pretty cheap for an oem bracelet, breitling and IWC charge over a grand for theirs.

That clasp looks pretty nasty, a decent deployant will cost £25+ generally,

something like this:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/18mm-BRUSHED...ltDomain_0&hash=item58834b2fc9#ht_1125wt_1272

Just an update on this (forgot!), this clasp is really comfortable and just what I needed. I've given the other one I bought away to a member here so it's going to get used at least. The only downside to this clasp though is that the seller advertised and pictured it as brushed on the visible section only but mine came all brushed and not like how the pictures show on the auction.

I actually like the finish of the one I received but had to break out the Autosol tube on the visible section to get it matching the watch casing:

20130117_224701_HDR_2.jpg

Much better :)

Last edited:
I did the first time, they said they couldn't do it and it had to go to Omega, so its been going back to Omega ever since

Should have gone to a few more to ask around, because I know for a fact people on watchuseek forums get it done in their local watch jewellers for around £40 or less, and it only takes a day or two. Google it and you will see.

If it was an automatic that needed servicing I could understand... but replacing a quartz batter? No need for £100 and potentially weeks of not having your prize watch!

Edit#

Yeah :-P It's no surprise quite a few designer brands use cheap movements, though this doesn't apply only to watches of course!

Last edited:
I'm possibly thinking about temporarily replacing the strap on my Citizen diver's watch because, although the rubber strap is great for when I am diving it gets a bit grimy with day to day work. Any ideas what might look good? I do love how think the current strap does look great with the watch though.

Dive.jpg

Top right

Watches.jpg

Back
Top Bottom