What watch do you wear?

Yeah from thet same link. I messaged them about stock when it was showing as "available soon" and they messaged back the next day saying it's in stock so perhaps they're only getting stock in as orders come in when people enquire since they have to be hand modded? 2 of us here ordered the same day and both arrived within 2 days.

My pictures really don't do it enough justice, it looks and feels like a much higher priced watch in the flesh and it's not a lightweight watch either even without the bracelet installed.

Last edited:
The modded one is a brand new order,, I sold the old one on AVforums.

What mod are we talking about?

There are 2 Makos available from Orient store linked above, the Mako and the Deep which is a modified Mako. No idea why they're labelled under 2 different names because other sites list it as Orient "Deep" Mako Divers. Both are the same movement and spec.

Anyway, the orientuhren "Deep" has the upgrades described in the link^

Most of the extra cost comes from the sapphire glass which explains why the non modded one is also so cheap.

Last edited:
The mod is the same watch model he purchased before but the factory have added a far superior lume and sapphire crystal glass? he sold his previous incarnation to purchase the revised 'mod' model from the manufacturer.

He has done a good job of selling the brand too, the watch seems fantastic quality, machining quality seems great and finish looks fantastic for the money. i don't think you can fault it for a 'beater' emphasis on 'beater'

Last paragraph is a loud thought more than a directed statement :D

I'm very pleased with the brand! The only real negative I had was the slight bug with the bracelet clasp getting stuck if you closed it at an off angle quickly but that's easily avoided I guess.

The watch itself? Can't think of any complaints at all :-)

The mod is the same watch model he purchased before but the factory have added a far superior lume and sapphire crystal glass? he sold his previous incarnation to purchase the revised 'mod' model from the manufacturer.
The mod is not from the manufacturer, Orient have have no reference to it in any of their catalogues or official sites (don't believe orientuhren.de is an official AD, rather just a reseller).

Saying that it doesn't make much difference warranty wise as if there was an issue and even if the watch was covered by Orient it wouldn't be cost effective to ship back to Japan.

I'm very pleased with the brand! The only real negative I had was the slight bug with the bracelet clasp getting stuck if you closed it at an off angle quickly but that's easily avoided I guess.

The watch itself? Can't think of any complaints at all :-)
How is that happening, is the hinge on the clasp loose? None of mine seem to suffer from that.

It's not loose no but as you close it just before it makes contact there is some play sideways so if you don't get it straight the hole catches the side of the pin and gets stuck. It's unlikely to happen to most people, I read an Amazon comment on it so knew about it and had to see for myself.

Mrk's PRC-200 photos are art :p

I love mine, although the metal strap jiggles where it meets the watch which is annoying. Need to get it looked at when I can be bothered.

The metal strap is filthy and full of grime, it's about time I washed it really. I've had it for almost a year now..

your just making me want to try it even more though with my eyes the way they are at the moment it may not be the sensiblest idea in the world.

Someone on here lumed their watch so would be able to give insight but I wouldn't want to do it myself really lol!

Mrk's PRC-200 photos are art :p

I love mine, although the metal strap jiggles where it meets the watch which is annoying. Need to get it looked at when I can be bothered.

The metal strap is filthy and full of grime, it's about time I washed it really. I've had it for almost a year now..

Do you have pics of the filth? Not had mine long enough to get filthy I have to say but you could just run it under the tap with some soap? it is all stainless steel and the watch won't even raise an eyebrow to being washed.

What is the watch on the left in the pic of three?

Seiko 5 Military

Back
Top Bottom