What watch do you wear?

Same here, I'll still appreciate a quality watch regardless of whether it cost £100 or £1000 (although not just limited to watches!).

It's red but glows blue -mind blown- :p

rps20130218_135412_335.jpg

That mako is superb, can't believe you sol the seiko so quickly though.

I don't need any more watches but I want that.

It's much better than the original one.

Picked this up, not really for the Mrs, but as I got a decent price on it really. Ha. For 20quid, quartz or not, it's not a bad price for an Omega. Think I'll re-strap it and add it to the cabinet of collections building.

T2eC16VHJHYE9nzpeCFBRFPf4cg60_12_zps2baa749e.jpg

Still waiting on my pocket watches arriving as well. Damn these frenchies.

I have my eye on a lovely Vostok as well. Since seeing them in here, I really like the ruggedness of the look and for a daily, I hope to pick one up today.

That mako is superb, can't believe you sol the seiko so quickly though.

I don't need any more watches but I want that.

It's much better than the original one.

I was going to give it away at first but then thought about the fact that I paid extra for the Tissot bracelet so could at least recoup a small amount there. Either way it was time though!

Not looked at anything else since though, got my eyes on that Rolex Explorer II for the future :-)

I was going to give it away at first but then thought about the fact that I paid extra for the Tissot bracelet so could at least recoup a small amount there. Either way it was time though!

Not looked at anything else since though, got my eyes on that Rolex Explorer II for the future :-)

haha

cant be long before you splash some serious cash on one.

id love a titan black rolex sub but never in a million year would i spend that amount of cash on a watch, swmbo wouldnt let me buy one either.

ill stick to my non expensive models they still seem good quality.

im sure you'll post some exquisite photos once you do.

haha

cant be long before you splash some serious cash on one.

id love a titan black rolex sub but never in a million year would i spend that amount of cash on a watch, swmbo wouldnt let me buy one either.

ill stick to my non expensive models they still seem good quality.

im sure you'll post some exquisite photos once you do.

Not any time soon though, need to save more! Besides, can't let Raymond win a prediction :cool:

Dammit now curious to what it originally said. :p

"If you asked that on rolexforums, or pan forums, you would get a different response."

I've been asked by the Mrs what watch I'd like for a wedding present. I liked the look of the IWC Big Pilot as it has a nice 46mm face, then realised it was 10k ha

I might plump for an Omega, maybe a Tag Carrera. Too much choice.

i think the tide has already turned on over-sized watches, I would be loathed to drop big money on something 46mm. I think for a watch to keep forever very large risks looking odd in time. 38mm to 42mm is always around, smaller and larger comes and goes.

I have a 47mm pilot I put together a couple of years ago and it is very big (I never put it on, in fact may use the movement for something else)

Ordered a Seiko 5 Military Automatic last night, seems a good watch for a nice price that you dont have to think to much about for every day wear, mine tend to get bashed around a bit

i think the tide has already turned on over-sized watches, I would be loathed to drop big money on something 46mm. I think for a watch to keep forever very large risks looking odd in time. 38mm to 42mm is always around, smaller and larger comes and goes.

I have a 47mm pilot I put together a couple of years ago and it is very big (I never put it on, in fact may use the movement for something else)

Yea, the master I have is 45mm and I think it's a good size. I have quite wide wrists and anything too small looks stupid on me. The standard stuff is dwarfed by my arm normally!

1c79a3ca7a8911e2bbe622000a9f1270_7.jpg

Anyone got a nice digital watch?

I fancy a change from my Timex Expedition. I don't like G-Shocks though, which sort of rules out a huge chunk of the market! I don't like the way they have a big face but really small digits, it just seems like a waste of space.

Does anyone know what the RRP for a 36mm Datejust with fluted bezel silver/silver with roman numerals is?

Im looking at getting one and comparing prices here in the UAE and UK, I can get VAT discount so I think the UK is my best bet.

In the UAE its 5200 GBP before discount.

I've used them before (for my Orient Air Diver), no issues what so ever with them and according to several forums they are highly regarded.

How did you find the communication with him? I sent him a email late last night and got a prompt reply regarding stock, just need to get over last minute nerves and pull the trigger. :D

UPDATE: Well I caved :p Ordered! So all being well in a week or so I should have a new sumo to play with and hopefully my watch itch will be scratched for the next 20 years until I crave an omega and have the funds to buy one :)

For now here's some stock pics.

Last edited:
How did you find the communication with him? I sent him a email late last night and got a prompt reply regarding stock, just need to get over last minute nerves and pull the trigger. :D

UPDATE: Well I caved :p Ordered! So all being well in a week or so I should have a new sumo to play with and hopefully my watch itch will be scratched for the next 20 years until I crave an omega and have the funds to buy one :)

How much was that after all the import tax etc? You'll definitely get stung for the import duty & tax from Japan, always puts me off buying from there. For referance, incase anyone wants one, you can buy them new in Europe (no extra tax) and probably a bit cheaper overall as well.

Nice watch btw, I have a lovely blue Sumo SBDC003 on at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom