What watch do you wear?

How much was that after all the import tax etc? You'll definitely get stung for the import duty & tax from Japan, always puts me off buying from there. For referance, incase anyone wants one, you can buy them new in Europe (no extra tax) and probably a bit cheaper overall as well.

Nice watch btw, I have a lovely blue Sumo SBDC003 on at the moment.

Well it will hopefully work out to be a little less than to buy from europe, it worked out to be about £377 before tax. Provinding he marks it in dolars ($564) using duty calaculator it gives me a value of about £460 before handling . But we'll see. If I get stung so be it :(.

Well it will hopefully work out to be a little less than to buy from europe, it worked out to be about £377 before tax. Provinding he marks it in dolars ($564) using duty calaculator it gives me a value of about £460 before handling . But we'll see. If I get stung so be it :(.
You'll get the vat charged from Japan (last time I checked single watch purchases avoid the normal 4.5% duty for watches, i.e. vs multiple items), that's pretty much a cert. Handling (customs & courier) is also pretty likely from there. Last time I imported a watch it was a little card through the door with an option to pay the vat and handling online. Funny though, some postal addresses don't seem to attract attention, others always catch it, no idea why. But yeah, there's a dealer supplies these from Spain for about £417 delivered.

Last edited:
You'll get the vat charged from Japan (last time I checked single watch purchases avoid the normal 4.5% duty for watches, i.e. vs multiple items), that's pretty much a cert. Handling (customs & courier) is also pretty likely from there. Funny though, some postal addresses don't seem to attract attention, others always catch it, no idea why. But yeah, there's a dealer supplies these from Spain for about £417 delivered.

Bugger I couldn't find any lower than 560euro (monsterwatches.nl) when I was looking, hence japan. Never mind I don't/can't have a paypal account anyway so ebay.es (not showing up on co.uk) was unfortunately off the cards :( But that is a good price for anyone else who may be interested. Now when your quite done raining on my parade :p It's not the first thing I may have paid over the odds for (lauch day ps3 springs to mind.)

Bugger I couldn't find any lower than 560euro (monsterwatches.nl) when I was looking, hence japan. Never mind I don't/can't have a paypal account anyway so ebay.es (not showing up on co.uk) was unfortunately off the cards :( But that is a good price for anyone else who may be interested. Now when your quite done raining on my parade :p It's not the first thing I may have paid over the odds for (lauch day ps3 springs to mind.)
It's happened enough times to me, know that feeling well. There's some great watch forums to ask around for the best dealers, especially Seiko owners, always found them very helpful.

There's a fantastic dealer called Kucimo out of Jakarta, Indonesia selling top end Seiko cheaper than anyone worldwide, I'd never of found him without asking around. TZ-UK is also a great place for advice on all makes.

Rob @ monsterwatches.nl is a good source of hard to get bits, helped me source all kind of odd bits and bobs. He can also be reached as robbie409 at www.thewatchsite.com Coincidentally, he found me a titanium ratchet clasp from the Marinemaster 300m to fit on my Sumo. Excellent modification if you can find one.

sbdc0032.jpg

clasph.jpg

img0278zr.jpg

img0276lb.jpg

Last edited:
That is one a beautiful clasp fornowagain, unfortunately I have a habit of getting carried away and some times it costs me dear. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that I only pay an extra £80 in tax and admin.

But please put your marinemaster away! I can't look at one without wanting to spend more money!

That is one a beautiful clasp fornowagain, unfortunately I have a habit of getting carried away and some times it costs me dear. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that I only pay an extra £80 in tax and admin.
Just going on my past import costs, I reckon it'll be about £86 all in. The clasp is a common mod for the Sumo as it fits straight on. I find it a great addition for a beater, it allows me to adjust the clasp through the day. Especially useful in the summer when your wrist swells a bit during the day.
But please put your marinemaster away! I can't look at one without wanting to spend more money!
It never ends, no matter what you have there's always just one more to try :p

I need that Glidelock in my life! The Seiko one would not match finish wise with the Tissot bracelet sadly.

Edit*
Cannot find a source :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom