What watch do you wear?

I like a nato too :)

mg6444l.jpg

Thanks. Valjoux 7750 movement, case and dial from a supplier in Germany. I have a nice one of the display back somewhere but image shack version is broken and it's not on this PC

blackandwhiteh.jpg

sideonwristchrono.jpg

onchairpreblackandwhite.jpg

sidecasemaby.jpg

Thanks. Valjoux 7750 movement, case and dial from a supplier in Germany. I have a nice one of the display back somewhere but image shack version is broken and it's not on this PC

[/QUOTE]

I assume that the movement comes in one piece. How long does it take you to put one like that together?

I assume that the movement comes in one piece. How long does it take you to put one like that together?

Yep movement is complete, not long all being well, half a day with faff time. Planning parts takes a while to make sure all compatible. The one a page or so back with several different colour lumes I did the dial myself so that took a long time.

The problem is having the time to learn how to do it, fail at great expense many times then once good at it, more time and expense to make a good one :D

Do you have a picture of the lume on that by the way?

I've never done a lume shot on that one. Next time I'm in snappy mode will take, it's not bad at all but not as strong (obnoxious?) as the one I did on the previous page.

Place to start is with a build around a nice simple time only, something like a unitas 6497 or 6498 hand wound is very easy to work with and loads of dials and cases available. Very unlikely that you would break anything. Not for everybody I guess, I like faffing about with stuff.

It would be amazing to have something like that, a watch you've put together yourself! Something to think about when more time is available for sure cheers!

Back
Top Bottom