What watch do you wear?

Funny you say that, there is one guy I meet with on a project who wears a Rolex Sub and I always see him really looking at my watches. I noticed this, so now I try to make sure I have a different one on each time I meet him just to confuse him :P

It becomes one of those things you look out for, like when you buy a new car, you suddenly start seeing more of them around.

Funny you say that, there is one guy I meet with on a project who wears a Rolex Sub and I always see him really looking at my watches. I noticed this, so now I try to make sure I have a different one on each time I meet him just to confuse him :P

Watch spotters, the train spotters of the wrist world. :D I don't know why they just can't stand outside a jewellers window or visit watch forums all day long instead of trying to peer at your wrist. All very sad. :p

I have just bought this:

11CBEBD0-3A0C-4E83-BD76-53D45D08B491-10706-000009EF097438DD_zps66b6a9b0.jpg

I have just bought this one to use as a every day watch. I also have a Emporio Armani watch, but i am ruining it by wearing it every day doing every day things.

This one has cost me £100 and has a rubber strap and a nice big face. Bit uncomfy compared to my Armani watch but i am sure i will get use to it.

Doubt it is to much peoples taste on here but i think it looks nice and the build quality is brilliant, especially for the price.

(Yes the date needs changing, i know :p... Also still has the seal on the screen)

Last edited:

It becomes one of those things you look out for, like when you buy a new car, you suddenly start seeing more of them around.

Exactly, nothing "sad" about it at all.

Decided to try and fix the strap on one of my watches tonight, but couldn't find a 20mm spring bar. Typically I have a boat load of 18s and 22s so will have to order a box of each, they're good to have spares of anyway.

Whilst doing this, I got my watches out... looks worse when I do this! I'm also building up quite the spare strap collection. Might have to add some decent natos in just to fit in!

L-R - Vostok, Longines, Hugo Boss, Casio Edi, Zenith auto, VC *cough* from China, Longines Master, Zeno 8559, Zeno 8554.

Luckily I didn't put the 9 pocket watches out there too hahaha

(The Mrs is out tonight, hence them all being out ;) )

Last edited:
My "Tudor" is at my mum's house in the UK. Getting her to post it to me, so probably another 5 days before I see it. Dammit. Suspense. Now I'm going to be really gutted if it's a fake! :P

What size is it? When I had a quick look at the pics before I assumed it was the smallest one, but is it the 34mm?

Yea, it's the 34mm.

To be fair, if it is real and all OK, I'll probably pass it on, or maybe trade in for a tudor for me ;) I haven't decided yet. It said it was a ladies prince in the advert, but surely that would be the princess, which is different, but this is marked as a prince on the face.

Yea, it's the 34mm.

To be fair, if it is real and all OK, I'll probably pass it on, or maybe trade in for a tudor for me ;) I haven't decided yet. It said it was a ladies prince in the advert, but surely that would be the princess, which is different, but this is marked as a prince on the face.

At 34mm it's a prince and a bargain, I assumed princess which go for a lot less. I'd be getting in touch with my feminine side and wearing it. Men can do diamonds, may be! I'd probably switch out the bracelet for a jubilee personally.

My oddball gemstone dial project is getting under way. I have now seen rough stone options and chosen a piece to work with. Even considering some diamond dial markets on that, but as a manly man, I'm afraid I might kick the **** out of myself.

So went out for a few bevvies last night for a catch-up with friend and halfway through the night he peeled back his sleeve to show this watch (right) he acquired a few hours earlier. The prompt for this was discovering the watch on the left earlier this year when going through his fathers property, who passed away last year. Watch was discovered in a banknote plastic sleeve buried in a box!!

Swine! Oh and apologies for the horrendous image, he took it last night a little beer addled.

nice.JPG

Nice Explorer!

I might see if I can pick up a different dial for it. Although, I'm so manly, the diamonds might suit me well :P

I just looked for a jubilee. Nice genuine one buy it now for 250! I'm not sure what style of bracelet I prefer, but whatever I go for, I'm not getting a light crap one. I hate the feel of cheap metal straps.

I can't wait to see yours! :P

Seiko SHC059P (sawtooth).
Not keen on the automatics had a monster but without hack and losing a few secs a day it was driving me mad.
Got a Seiko BFK kinetic (fantastic accuracy , lost about 2 secs a month) but found out the hard way that kinetics and digging in the garden dont mix too well.
This chunk of metal with a quartz movement should be robust enough and accurate enough i hope , was suprised how thin it was.

So went out for a few bevvies last night for a catch-up with friend and halfway through the night he peeled back his sleeve to show this watch (right) he acquired a few hours earlier. The prompt for this was discovering the watch on the left earlier this year when going through his fathers property, who passed away last year. Watch was discovered in a banknote plastic sleeve buried in a box!!

Swine! Oh and apologies for the horrendous image, he took it last night a little beer addled.

nice.JPG

The one on the left, if I remember right that thing is worth a lot of money. I think its a Steve McQueen 1655.

But I could be wrong as I am no expert on the EXP 2.

The one on the left, if I remember right that thing is worth a lot of money. I think its a Steve McQueen 1655.

But I could be wrong as I am no expert on the EXP 2.

Is the one on the left real , someone told me that rolex metal straps fold nearly perfectly when placed flat that seems a bit wonky (although could be the photo angle).

I've hankered after a stainless steel Rolex for some time growing up liking my uncle's lot but something inside of me just screams 'chheeeese' at the same time. White gold looks quite nice but more than I could afford to put on my wrist. :/

Nice collection there randomshenans!

Back
Top Bottom