What watch do you wear?

I love the design, homage watches like that are pretty awesome. I was dead set on the Christopher Ward C60 Trident (£390) as I love the face and hands on that but the 47mm width with crown is quite monstrous for me :(

Trident is 42mm without crown isn't it? I had an old C60 which I moved on and it didn't wear like a big watch. I have girls wrists.

Hmm reading a few reviews the other week people measured it to 47mm with crown. My Orient Mako is 45mm with crown (measured with calliper) and I feel that’s the biggest size I can wear really so if the C60 is in reality wearing similar to that then this changes things. Have you worn the Mako at all?

Afraid I haven't tried a Mako. My wife has one of the ladies C60 (pink don't you know!) I can measure that with calliper if you want. May be different crown, not sure

Afraid I haven't tried a Mako. My wife has one of the ladies C60 (pink don't you know!) I can measure that with calliper if you want. May be different crown, not sure

If the spec is the same it would be same case size? If you could then that would be excellent :)

Actually I'm in London over the next 4 weeks so may be able to drop by CHWard at some point - Not certain though.

Edit*
This is the one I was looking at: http://www.christopherward.co.uk/new-arrival/c60-tri-skoo.html

Last edited:
If the spec is the same it would be same case size? If you could then that would be excellent :)

Actually I'm in London over the next 4 weeks so may be able to drop by CHWard at some point - Not certain though.

Edit*
This is the one I was looking at: http://www.christopherward.co.uk/new-arrival/c60-tri-skoo.html

Yes, same case.

Well it is larger than advertised! it is just a whisker under 47 including crown and over 43 excl vs the 42 shown in the spec.

Do it! Then report back here and let us know if its worth a punt :p

They are getting stock in next week or two and if one is ordered sharpish then pre-orders will be fulfilled apparently.

Thanks Skidder, I also asked the guy on the phone to measure one and he measured 46mm. My Tissot is 44mm with crown (39 without) whilst the Mako is slightly larger and thicker. I think it should work out fine. I'll get an order in and let you know what it's like :)

They are getting stock in next week or two and if one is ordered sharpish then pre-orders will be fulfilled apparently.

Thanks Skidder, I also asked the guy on the phone to measure one and he measured 46mm. My Tissot is 44mm with crown (39 without) whilst the Mako is slightly larger and thicker. I think it should work out fine. I'll get an order in and let you know what it's like :)

I've had a look at one at a party (someone I know vaguely was wearing it, so obviously grabbed it off him for a try on). Very nice. That was the black with orange bezel.

I've had a look at one at a party (someone I know vaguely was wearing it, so obviously grabbed it off him for a try on). Very nice. That was the black with orange bezel.

Superb :)

I've pre-ordered it with the orange leather strap. Now the 1-2 week wait will be crushing no doubt. I'll sell the Mako if the C60 is as nice as everything and everything says.Should be able to get a good sum for it as it's the modified version.

Bigger the better! :D I think the Zeno I have on at the moment is like 48mm without the crown or lugs and about 15mm thick lol You could kill someone with it.

I think I prefer the Stein to the CW...

I do have largish wrists though. I like the steinhardts as well, but I think I prefer the Pilots. You're very much a diver man, going by your choices thus far and they do look very nice.

I'd love an Omega AT and Rolex Sub, but I get told off a lot. I got the biggest kicking about getting these Zeno's. She only thought I got one as well, then she saw the next. Luckily she doesn't know what they cost!

Superb :)

I've pre-ordered it with the orange leather strap. Now the 1-2 week wait will be crushing no doubt. I'll sell the Mako if the C60 is as nice as everything and everything says.Should be able to get a good sum for it as it's the modified version.

Haha you're doomed now. I thought at first you were just skirting the obsession, but you're 2 feet in now :P

Back
Top Bottom