What watch do you wear?

I recently sold my EXP II 42mm to a nice man from the Falklands. It was a fantastic watch but it made me realise that I prefer divers watches. So now I'm on the look out for something else.

img0283un.jpg

I actually own two of these watches. My parents bought one each as a birthday present for both of my grandfathers. When each one died, I inherited the watch.

Wear one regularly and the other one is tucked away safe and sound as a spare.

I looked at the GMT version as well but they haven't updated the C60 with GMT yet it seems. I do like the orange markers on that^

How do you find it wears?

Is the one on the left real , someone told me that rolex metal straps fold nearly perfectly when placed flat that seems a bit wonky (although could be the photo angle).

That would depend on the strap type (oyster, jubilee, president) how old it is, and how much it's been worn.

Only a reasonably recent oyster bracelet (10 years old maybe) will keep it's shape. The other two stretch as do older oyster bracelets like the on in the picture.

The one on the left, if I remember right that thing is worth a lot of money. I think its a Steve McQueen 1655.

But I could be wrong as I am no expert on the EXP 2.

Yes, he did warble on about it being the "Steve Mcqueen" model, although he never actually wore it apparently?! He's had a few appraisals and although he needs to get the recertifications it's genuine and worth supposedly 12k+

The McQueen isn't my taste, but hell I'd take it. :P

When is the C60 due to arrive, Mrk? Are you losing anything for this one to slip in the collection? I've been browsing the interwebs. Dangerous.

They said stock is at the end of the month so any moment now and it will be sent next day so I'm expecting it this week!

I'll be selling the modded Orient Mako if the C60 feels right as I won't need 2 dive watches. I can probably get around 150 for it maybe a bit less with p&p. The bracelet is still in its wrapping!

I'm also going to take a punt on something that could well backfire, but hey, I'm feeling like a good punt.

I think it's a boat load more of a risk that the Tudor above, but since I still don't know whether that was real or not, I could be urinating more cash on worthless items, but if it is what it claims to be, it would be a serious win. More in an hour. :P

Strap is on its way TB :)

I've also trimmed the leather Nato so it's no longer looping back in, looks more like a normal strap now on the outside yet still retains the Nato function and comfort on the inside.

rps20130405_140722_730.jpg

Can't trim the nylon ones :p You can see how soft it is by how much the watch is leaning. Very comfortable compared to other leather straps.

Where did you get this strap from? I really like the look of it but cannot find one exactly the same.

Balls. I just missed this:

Went for 149quid. I like that, it's nice.

Saying that though, I won the punt that I said I'd go for. The auction was terrible, title was: wrist watch oyster

That's it! The description was:

"oyster perpetual date submariner number 116610 on back,glass is scratched,blemish on strap,sold as not working ,spares or repairs,no returns,it actually does seem to work after gently shaking it to wind it up,recovered from a house clearance so don't know if its a genuine r.lex or not"

Worth the punt for what I paid, I thought. Should have bets going for the tudor and this now, see how screwed I can get hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom