What watch do you wear?

Dammit, I'm almost certain the tudor isn't real. No case markings for the serial. It is pretty nice though for something that isn't real! Ha. Saying that, she was wrong, it's not the 34mm at all. If it was, I'd have it. It's a bloody 22mm or something.

(no serial :'( )

This is against the 41mm. I could totally wear a 22mm... :/
Feel slightly hard done by, but not especially as I took the punt knowing full well what the chances were. More annoyed it's not the 34mm!

I'm going to give it to the Mrs and tell her I picked it up from a "market" while I was in Barcelona at the weekend :P

what seems weird is that it says prince on a ladies one. When you first sent me the pics I thought it was the small one.

Is it tudor or rolex crown?

it may be from when tudor and rolex were parting or had parted company, they may have changed the case marking policies

Tudor crown certainly implies it is more modern so that (hunch) could be correct

new in today

i had originally owned the polar version but never got on with it, i like this a lot better

IMAG0016_zps5ff23458.jpg

I really like that! Looks like a new one, rather than the older ones. I think I like these more.

Soundood, you're on it there too. The lack of T Swiss Made T on the face, but I thought it could be an aftermarket face with the stones, but the crown protrudes too much, they're flatter on the ones I've seen. That, the lack of case markings, and I'm like, chalk that one down :P

I'll live. I am now massively realistic that the Rolex will no doubt be a Bolex :P but you know. You roll the dice you take the risk ;)

My friend got one of these skyfall watches as it was meant to be the exact model bond wore in the film

HOWEVER, the one in the film was titanium and the version they sell is stainless steel :confused:

They are different from the one Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall, as they don't have the 007 branding all over them. Its been designed to accompany the movie as a special edition Planet Ocean.

For a bit of fun I've just bought a cheap Seiko SKX023 diver from eBay (hope it's not a Feiko) and ordered the below to have a go at modding. Could prove an expensive hobby though. The 023 is medium size and, if it goes to plan, I would want to move onto a full size diver, probably a SKX007.

viewThumb.jsp

just take a few links off, although it is running slow so need to regulate it over the next 24 hours, once that's done im gonna try it on a double ridge black leather strap.

Could be the reserve has run low perhaps? It's been in some sorting office all bank holiday weekend after all! Either way, post up your results, also pics of the leather strap fitted :)

I phoned CW today about the C60 trident and it appears my order didn't make it into the first delivery batch even though whoever I spoke to when ordering said it would if I ordered that moment.

The next batch is due mid May apparently so because of this I've cancelled the order and will look elsewhere.

Could be the reserve has run low perhaps? It's been in some sorting office all bank holiday weekend after all! Either way, post up your results, also pics of the leather strap fitted :)

yeah its no problem, just had it +/- 5 secs per hour, so should have it sorted by this evening/overnight ;)

I love the simplicity of the orient in house movement, pity it doesn't hack or wind, but I hear its coming soon

pcnNH9s.jpg

timing it up against my Steinhart Pan Am GMT, it is accurate to +/- 1 sec a day

1ZnKKI2.jpg

Last edited:
My main watch - Seiko Kinetic Titanium Sportura
Bought in 2004 for £400.

V2WmOWr.jpg

My old watch - Citizen Titanium
Bought in 1994 for £200. As you can see, this watch has seen a lot of use, and now no longer works. I really need to get around to having it repaired and having new glass fitted as it's my favourite.

jk9PfWx.jpg

My backup watch - Accurist sports style watch
Bought in 1990 for £50

XcFHTxf.jpg

yeah its no problem, just had it +/- 5 secs per hour, so should have it sorted by this evening/overnight ;)

I love the simplicity of the orient in house movement, pity it doesn't hack or wind, but I hear its coming soon

http://i.imgur.com/pcnNH9s.jpg[/]

timing it up against my Steinhart Pan Am GMT, it is accurate to +/- 1 sec a day

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1ZnKKI2.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Yup one of the main reasons I got it was the movement got excellent reviews throughout, it's not a complex movement but it is accurate and winds far easier with less movement than other autos.

I don't know what watch to look at now having been let down by CW on the C60. Been recommended Longines and I'm also looking at the Davosa I posted about not long ago, do like their designs!

Back
Top Bottom