What watch do you wear?

Yup one of the main reasons I got it was the movement got excellent reviews throughout, it's not a complex movement but it is accurate and winds far easier with less movement than other autos.

I don't know what watch to look at now having been let down by CW on the C60. Been recommended Longines and I'm also looking at the Davosa I posted about not long ago, do like their designs!

how about the Jorg Grey series, they look kinda cool.

stole the double ridge from my Moonwatch, but the Orient has 22mm lugs, and the speedy has 20mm, so its a little small. but it sort of gives me an idea, although I kinda like it on the white stich Carbon strap...mmmmm

LLS1Pxg.jpg

arpSztV.jpg

Carbon?
JhTI5lA.jpg

I think the carbon one above looks nicer although there's a bit of a gap between case and strap!

The Jorg Grey I considered a while back but I want a nice dive model really or I'm probably better off with waiting for that limited edition Tissot posted earlier.

Had my modded mako (actually the same as above) off my parents the other day.
Its a lovely thing i must say, awesome birthday.

Im sure you will enjoy it, I have a few watches, and the modded mako just looks original, not really copying anything

enjoy it :D

I think the carbon one above looks nicer although there's a bit of a gap between case and strap!

The Jorg Grey I considered a while back but I want a nice dive model really or I'm probably better off with waiting for that limited edition Tissot posted earlier.

yeah the Carbon is 20mm too, need to get a 22mm one, and yes the tissot is a nice watch, I had a Tissot, and loved it, ended up losing it one night, drunk by the river.

Last edited:
What do you reckon of this:

http://www.davosa.com/index.php?id=34&cid=3&fid=57&wid=182&L=1

It's pleasing to look at, has the right specs and most importantly it's the right size. I like!

watch_3.jpg

its a nice watch and a nice movement, but I am not a fan of the all black thing, if its metal it should look metal, I have a black watch, but its plastic (casio)

If I was going to drop £500 or abouts on a watch, I think I would stick with Steinhart, the build quality is superb, and just a cracking all round watch.

have you had a Steinhart? I really like this one, http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-1-BLACK,14.html

has the same movement with hacking seconds, and is all in a very similar watch

Last edited:
its a nice watch and a nice movement, but I am not a fan of the all black thing, if its metal it should look metal, I have a black watch, but its plastic (casio)

If I was going to drop £500 or abouts on a watch, I think I would stick with Steinhart, the build quality is superb, and just a cracking all round watch.

have you had a Steinhart? I really like this one, http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/OCEAN-1-BLACK,14.html

has the same movement with hacking seconds, and is all in a very similar watch
I like that a lot, not had a Steinhart yet so will give this an order! Looks like it will wear smaller than the Orient Mako as well which is great and I can keep my Nato too.

If this years bonus pays I was planning to get a black face Seamaster 300m. Then I saw the orange PO on the previous page... argh! Lush! Just looked them up...

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-232-30-42-21-01-002.html

Is it worth the extra grand though... really need to try one on. My Tag F1 is 42mm, I think, any more would be too much so I'd stick with that for now. But would need to know what the orange looked like in person... ARGH :D

(first world problems!)

If this years bonus pays I was planning to get a black face Seamaster 300m. Then I saw the orange PO on the previous page... argh! Lush! Just looked them up...

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-232-30-42-21-01-002.html

Is it worth the extra grand though... really need to try one on. My Tag F1 is 42mm, I think, any more would be too much so I'd stick with that for now. But would need to know what the orange looked like in person... ARGH :D

(first world problems!)

It does change with light. You do have to try one to make sure of the colour. I had some reservations as I seen them worn but once it was in my hands I knew it would be ok for me.

Also... do people think they look too 'flashy' to wear with a suit at work with that colour?

I think that it's ok but I would say that. If you attend a lot of formal occasions then get a dress watch an extra.

Last edited:
It's 39mm without crown so perfect size really. I liked the Orient, 45mm with crown but at times it did feel a bit big on my wrist (although most times it was worn with a sweater+shirt so this wasn't a concern) whereas the PRC200 is completely perfect so the Hydroconquest will be the same there.

Unless anyone can point in the direction of other watches to consider in the 39 to 40mm category then the Hydro it is. Love the design too, it doesn't look like it's paying homage to other dive watches.

Last edited:
Have any of you got a list of watches that you have on your list of aims?

Mine seems to creep up, and up, and get more expensive. I'm not sure I'll achieve this without losing a testicle, but tops are:

Omega Seamaster PO
Omega Seasmaster AT
Nomos Tangente
Zenith El Primero
Tudor Prince Oysterdate
Panerai 219

I had a few more I forget, but that would do to start... ha! One day...

It's 39mm without crown so perfect size really. I liked the Orient, 45mm with crown but at times it did feel a bit big on my wrist (although most times it was worn with a sweater+shirt so this wasn't a concern) whereas the PRC200 is completely perfect so the Hydroconquest will be the same there.

Unless anyone can point in the direction of other watches to consider in the 39 to 40mm category then the Hydro it is. Love the design too, it doesn't look like it's paying homage to other dive watches.

What about the seamaster range ?

Back
Top Bottom