What watch do you wear?

How long did it take you to construct a watch like that? I wouldnt know where to start.

a few hours - relatively easy with no dial (movement supplied complete)

Yes I tried one on a while back, but had my heart set on the BP at the time.

How about tools required, any recommendation/links? I fancy having a play.

I started with a basic watchmaking kit from ebay but have a lot of small screw drivers, files, pliers etc. as I fly radio control helis and planes too. I have been upgrading the ebay tools as and when they become frustrating!

Bergeon make great tools and most people seem to rate them. That said a basic ebay kit will get you through assembling your first watch, while a full bergeon kit would cost probably more than the parts for a watch.

some links to suppliers in here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18041922&highlight=homebuilt

watchuseek has a watchmaking forum that was pretty useful, tz-uk has a modding section too

Give it a try, it's pretty satisfying.:)

This was a gift from a business partner, they actually bought 3 people within my company one each!!

Here it is, my Patek Philippe Nautilus

orig.jpg

orig1.jpg

Exceptional. I looked at an PP before I bought my LaCroix. The one I liked was at the lower end of the scale, simple in function but about 7-9K. I had disapproving looks from the girlfriend at the time.

I still have one on my list of 101 things todo before I die..

Last edited:
Since my Vostok is apparently unrepairable according to my local watch guy, and Vostok custoemr support...doesn't exist, I've been wearing this cheap, battered watch from Next until I can replace it with a new one, probably a Christopher Ward. Still, it does the job and looks mighty fine IMO. Like an IWC for people with no money, like me :D

ojfgnq.jpg

ip8vx5.jpg

35k60t5.jpg

Been a few days since i recieved my tw steel watch and absolutely love it, the face and dials and just the simplicity is perfect :) however I am tempted to change the leather strap to a nice stainless steel one tho, Do any of the watch enthusiasts know where i can get a nice plain stainless steel strap from? Is it just as simple as going to my local jewellers in town and having a look at the range they stock?

TIA

Many thanks skidder, Got in touch with them today and their sending me a strap out :) hopefully it will fit, got a 22mm width strap, and the watch measures a hair width off 22

Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom