What watch do you wear?

Hi, I'm after a watch, got about 200 pounds to spend. I have quite thin wrists. I'd like it to look classy, so not a million shiney bits, dials and windows etc. so a plainish face with a nice strap.
I would like it to have a second hand, that doesn't look like it stops between seconds if you know what i mean! don't know what its called.
I've been looking at skagen watches. any good?

cheers

My watch collecting is at 2 levels. As mentioned earlier in this thread I have a small collection of Rolex Submariner/GMT/Seadweller watches which I enjoy very much.
At the other end I have 3 of these Seiko 5 Miltary watches in different colours on a variety of different types of strap.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...mages?q=seiko+5+military+automatic&hl=en&um=1

I get them from Fleabay for under £40 each. They are automatic and with careful adjustment they will run within COSC specifications.
No batteries for me!!

PeterT

Ebel Sportwave although I rarely wear it

2jg5kr8.jpg

This is an old post I'm quoting but I really have to say that this watch is absolutly gorgeous, I am totally in love with it.

Would the full name of this watch and number happen to be the "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 2908.50.82"

There is the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size and Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean so I am wondering which one it is you have.

If anyone else knows the answer to this I would be very grateful.

I can't tell you the model number but I can tell you that the Omega PO posted is a big size version (45.5 mm) as it has the bay scallop style bezel edge, as opposed to the 42mm which has the notches and is what I have as my wrists are fairly thin.

I really like the look of the Casio Wave solar powered watch. Quite fancy this as an everyday watch as it's pretty cheap.

http://www.casio.co.uk/products/Watches/Wave Ceptor/EQW-M1000DB-1AER/At_a_Glance/

Need to go have a look at one in the flesh but I've liked the adverts I've seen.

nearly bought one of these yesterday, big and quite weighty, and a little too shiny for my liking. In the end i got a solar powered, radio controlled G-shock as at work my watch takes a lot of punishment.

Never worn a watch from school. but if i wanted one, id go for a Tag, something that can stand up to outdoors use, if they do one.

Or that one in the picture as i love the shape.

What i need is a rubber coated, velco strap, water proof, hit proof, shock proof watch.

ColiN - some really nice watches!

Back
Top Bottom