What watch do you wear?

twsteelnewstrap.jpg
:)

will upload a better pic later, TW steel CE1006 with a nice new strap

Last edited:
What do the educated & uneducated watch-folk think about Seiko, specifically this one:

mtr090415seikovelaturay.jpg

I know it isn't technically the best in the world but the design is nice, no?

omega1wh0.jpg

oemga2gl5.jpg

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean with rubber strap and deployment clasp. :)

This is an old post I'm quoting but I really have to say that this watch is absolutly gorgeous, I am totally in love with it.

Would the full name of this watch and number happen to be the "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 2908.50.82"

There is the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size and Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean so I am wondering which one it is you have.

If anyone else knows the answer to this I would be very grateful.

Just ordered myself one of these...

41dqeyvklss500.jpg

It's a bit different from my usual style, I really like the look of it though.

There are some fantastic looking watches in this thread :o

What do the educated & uneducated watch-folk think about Seiko, specifically this one:

I know it isn't technically the best in the world but the design is nice, no?

Seiko are IMO one of the best (and most understated) watch manufacturers going. All their movements are in-house (right down to the lubricant oil which Seiko produce in their own plant) and are built to an extremely high standard. They offer good value quartz and automatic watches at the lower end of the scale.

The mid range watches such as the Prospex range are a real step up and are excellent time keepers that have looks to match. Particularly the MarineMaster 300. Their higher end range - Grand Seiko, Ananta watches, rival and even surpass many high end watch brands.

Ive had the chance to handle a fair few Grand Seikos that are available readily to the asian market only and I cannot say a bad thing about them, the finish is incredible and the Spring Drive movement http://www.seikospringdrive.com/flash.html?soundOn=0
is simply a stunning piece of engineering.

Ive told myself that I will own a Grand Seiko Spring Drive one day.
Plenty of brand snobs will denounce Seiko, but there really is no argument there. Im a huge fan :)
Heres a picture of 2 of my Seikos, The black one is a Seiko 5 SNZG41J1, the silver is SBDA003 "Samurai" Titanium, which has now been discontinued.

3495263203_8d5079d34d.jpg

3496084026_7314904b4c.jpg

3496085180_8fc81df5ac.jpg

I have a BocToc a russian watch i liked the look of it on the bay.

ps. Feels very cheaply made unfortunately err thats because it is :) keeps nice time thou if i remember to wind it up.

Edit: The strange thing is no matter how much i google the watch i can not find one exactly the same.

Last edited:
I broke the leather strap on my last watch some I need to get a metal one to replace it, much nicer. I'm just too lazy to do it at the moment.

Some beautiful watches in here.

I don't wear a watch, I hate having something dangling from my wrist, and to stop it dangling it's too tight on the wrist. Unless I go with a non metal strap, but then it doesn't look so nice.

I have taken quite a fancy to this brand of watch, just wondering what you guys think http://www.specialopswatches.co.uk/index.php ?

warriortitaniumbig.jpg

MTM Warrior TITANIUM Watch - Silver £450

SOLID TITANIUM
WATCH CASE,
BEZEL AND BAND.

SWISS MOVEMENT.

UNIDIRECTIONAL,
TITANIUM,
RATCHETING BEZEL.

660FEET/200 METERS WATER RESISTANT.

SCRATCH RESISTANT ANTI-REFLECTIVE SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL.

CARBON FIBER DIAL.

LOCKING,
SCREW-DOWN CROWN
AND CASE BACK.

INDEX AND HANDS COME WITH TRITIUM GAS TUBES WHICH WILL GLOW BRIGHTLY FOR 25 YEARS WITHOUT THE NEED FOR ANY EXTERNAL LIGHT SOURCE.

3 YEAR WARRANTY.

LIMITED EDITION,
EACH WATCH INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED.

thunderhawkmetalbtit.jpg

MTM Thunderhawk TITANIUM Watch £430

SOLID TITANIUM WATCH CASE AND BAND.

330 FEET/100 METERS WATER RESISTANT.

BRIGHTEST LIGHT EVER OFFERED IN A WATCH.

ELECTROMAGNETIC RECHARGEABLE BATTERY.

SCRATCH RESISTANT
CRYSTAL.

UNIDIRECTIONAL,
TITANIUM RATCHETING BEZEL.

LOCKING, SCREW DOWN CROWN.

CARBON FIBER DIAL.

LUMINOUS NUMBERS.

SELF ADJUSTABLE BAND USING ALLEN KEY SUPPLIED.

3 YEAR WARRANTY.

LIMITED EDITION, EACH WATCH INDVIDUALLY NUMBERED.

MTM's are quite cool. The first one seems decent enough if its an automatic. The tritium tubes look awesome in the dark, but personally I would take the Special Ops, it has a 2 stage LED lighting system on it that is really bright and the battery is rechargable from a desk charger; fully charged it lasts about a month. Theyre very tough watches too.

MTM's are quite cool. The first one seems decent enough if its an automatic. The tritium tubes look awesome in the dark, but personally I would take the Special Ops, it has a 2 stage LED lighting system on it that is really bright and the battery is rechargable from a desk charger; fully charged it lasts about a month. Theyre very tough watches too.

I couldn't see automatic on their website, them being tough watches is a good thing I am famous for being accident prone:o

I couldn't see automatic on their website, them being tough watches is a good thing I am famous for being accident prone:o

Just checked, its a quartz. Theyre both virtually the same price so its down to whichever one floats your boat!
Just a note, Jack Bauer wears the Blackhawk (the black version of the Thunderhawk) :cool:

Just checked, its a quartz. Theyre both virtually the same price so its down to whichever one floats your boat!
Just a note, Jack Bauer wears the Blackhawk (the black version of the Thunderhawk) :cool:

I do prefer the Thunderhawk one a little bit more, it just looks more stylish to me where as the Warrior one looks a bit in your face if you know what I mean:).

Back
Top Bottom