What watch do you wear?

You have the blue one don't you? Agreed on the elegance and material quality as well :) I've come to the conclusion that even if I find myself looking to buy a watch costing as much as a Rolex Sub does I'll still think very very hard about doing so because the Hyro fits in so well with every situation.

I don't think I even need or want another watch.

Also side by side it has a deeper gleam on both brushed and polished areas than other (more expensive) watches. Don't think anyone would think it was an £800 watch (not that price matters in terms of preference/taste etc :)).

It's been a long time coming... but finally bought my first Automatic watch!

I wanted to buy a Longines Hydroconquest since I saw it... I was also considering a Hamiton Jazzmaster Auto but the look and feel of the Longines is what sealed the deal.

Since I am not from the UK I went to the local Longines agent and I was quote 975 EUR for it and a waiting time until end of September.

Then last week I was in Scotland and I wanted to take a look at the official retailers... I only managed to find it from one retailer but they only had the black one available (I wanted the blue). So I though I would just buy it from back home and be done with it (after visiting 5 shops with a 'we don't have it' I got fed up). Then I went to Stirling and I saw another official retailer purely by coincidence and I decided t have a look and to my surprise they had it!

The price was £790 but after a bit of negotiating I managed to get it for £650.

v9V6uPs.jpg
msBia0q.jpg

I am very happy with it, although the bracelet does get scratched quite a bit which is normal but annoying.

Cheers

You have the blue one don't you? Agreed on the elegance and material quality as well :) I've come to the conclusion that even if I find myself looking to buy a watch costing as much as a Rolex Sub does I'll still think very very hard about doing so because the Hyro fits in so well with every situation.

I don't think I even need or want another watch.

Also side by side it has a deeper gleam on both brushed and polished areas than other (more expensive) watches. Don't think anyone would think it was an £800 watch (not that price matters in terms of preference/taste etc :)).

No not blue, I only ever buy black bezel watches as I prefer the more classic and timeless look of black, but that's just my personal taste. I think the only upgrade I want to make from this would be an Omega Seamaster or Planet Ocean chronograph, which won't be for a while yet! :)

It's been a long time coming... but finally bought my first Automatic watch!

I wanted to buy a Longines Hydroconquest since I saw it... I was also considering a Hamiton Jazzmaster Auto but the look and feel of the Longines is what sealed the deal.

Since I am not from the UK I went to the local Longines agent and I was quote 975 EUR for it and a waiting time until end of September.

Then last week I was in Scotland and I wanted to take a look at the official retailers... I only managed to find it from one retailer but they only had the black one available (I wanted the blue). So I though I would just buy it from back home and be done with it (after visiting 5 shops with a 'we don't have it' I got fed up). Then I went to Stirling and I saw another official retailer purely by coincidence and I decided t have a look and to my surprise they had it!

The price was £790 but after a bit of negotiating I managed to get it for £650.

I am very happy with it, although the bracelet does get scratched quite a bit which is normal but annoying.

Cheers

Wow congrats, very unusual to get such a good deal when bartering with a dealer! :eek:

Last edited:
£650 is an amazing deal, congrats!

Wow congrats, very unusual to get such a good deal when bartering with a dealer! :eek:

Thanks...I got it from Chisholm Hunter in Stirling.

She was quite friendly and told me the price is £790... I was like for that price I'll just buy it back at home... She told me how about £720... I still told her no... She was like, what would your price be if you would seal the deal now and wallk out with the watch... I told her I would not do it for more than £650 (which IMO is a cheeky offer considering the quartz version is £620).

She then told me that for that price she has to phone the manager. She came back 5 minutes later saying that the manager must be in a lucky mood as he accepted and she did not expect that lol.

So I paid, she adjusted the watch and I walked out with my first automatic!

:D

Thanks...I got it from Chisholm Hunter in Stirling.

She was quite friendly and told me the price is £790... I was like for that price I'll just buy it back at home... She told me how about £720... I still told her no... She was like, what would your price be if you would seal the deal now and wallk out with the watch... I told her I would not do it for more than £650 (which IMO is a cheeky offer considering the quartz version is £620).

She then told me that for that price she has to phone the manager. She came back 5 minutes later saying that the manager must be in a lucky mood as he accepted and she did not expect that lol.

So I paid, she adjusted the watch and I walked out with my first automatic!

:D

Lucky, cheeky barsteward. :D

Considering getting another watch alongside my Tag Carrera Chrono.

Two options i'm thinking about are the Panerai Luminor Marina or the Seamaster Planet Ocean orange chrono with the orange leather strap. Both are around £5k and so far i'm swinging towards the Panerai, thoughts?

Considering getting another watch alongside my Tag Carrera Chrono.

Two options i'm thinking about are the Panerai Luminor Marina or the Seamaster Planet Ocean orange chrono with the orange leather strap. Both are around £5k and so far i'm swinging towards the Panerai, thoughts?

which model panerai 312?

PO chrono arent my bag at all really

At a set ice station and saw some Slazenger watches in when it, just picked one up out of curiosity and the spring bar snapped in my hand?

Lol.

rps20130828_105704_438.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom