What watch do you wear?

Just bought this:

LORUS-lorus-rm309bx9-chronograph-mens-watch-black.jpg

Lorus Chronograph

Not overly fancy but damn nice.

Apologies for the awful picture, camera is out of batteries at the mo and its the best I could find with the right colouring.

Never worn a watch from school. but if i wanted one, id go for a Tag, something that can stand up to outdoors use, if they do one.

Or that one in the picture as i love the shape.

What i need is a rubber coated, velco strap, water proof, hit proof, shock proof watch.

ColiN - some really nice watches!

Well Santa brought me a gift (from me to me :) )

tagheuercarreradaydate0.jpg

So now i have the Oakley Blade day to day use, and the Tag for special occasions (Note: not my actual watch nicked off another forum as it was better picture than i can take)

Last edited:
Decisions...

400-new-G-702BD-1ADR-2009.jpg

I'm liking the G-Shock as I've previously owned one and I now how sturdy they are when it comes to riding and mosh pits.

400-new-AGB00004_C_19.jpg

This on the other hand is some what more sophisticated and I do need something fancier for when I eat sushi and wear suits.

What do you guys think?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

In my search for a new Omega watch i just unearthed a complete fraudster on a well known auction site who's been going since 04, has 99.5% feedback. Going off my calculations has fraudulently turned around £2 million over.

Some poor sod called Graeme has bought himself an Omega Speedmaster Auto chrono for £825 (i bet he thought BARGAIN!). Its Asian 7750 based fake, an Asian 7750 movement is worth around £40 on a good day! :(

Another the same went for £690 to name only a couple.. I'm unearthing more and more, the more i look, now its getting really really bad but i'm needing my bed.

Its such a shame that the general public part with large sums of money not knowing what they are truly getting.

Last edited:
how easy to spot are the fakes ?

do you have a link ?

These days quite hard if you don't know what your looking for. Some reps are nearly identical to the real thing. One of the main giveaways is the movement. Other things to look for are very small details in fonts, face details, strap, clasp, dial spacing on the face, crown details......

As for a link, i'd love to but is it not naughty to post links of auction sites on here?

Ok let me show you an example..... This way i'm not posting direct links to competitors etc.

The following is a link to a random Genuine Omega dealer. It shows the Omega Speedmaster Professional (moon watch) Take a careful look at the dial spacing of the 3 dials at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. This is the spacing for all Speedmaster Chronos. If you were to make a copy of this watch the only cheap way to do it is to install a cheap Asian 7750 movement and modify the dial layout.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=&pid=157

Now go to the most popular auction site you can think of and put these item numbers in as an example. Take a look at the dial spacing carefully. You'll see they are further out than the genuine Omega. Its most definately using a cheapo Asian 7750 movement.

Heres a fake: 200410787323

And another: 200410788772

These are just two examples, 100's more fakes here.

I have provided this info to protect people from coming a cropper so i hope it remains 'unedited' by the mods.

Last edited:
A quick note... Some of the harder ones or 'Better' fakes are watches with a dial layout of 6, 9, 12. with date at 3 or day/date at 12 e.g this http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=&pid=12521 and the day/date variations. The rep version of these are near identical to the genuine and uses a Asian 7750 or Asian 7751 Valjoux movement. These are basically cheap copies of the legendary genuine swiss ETA 7750 movements.

I aint just talking Omega here, i'm talking Brets, tags, IWC's etc etc, all look pretty much identical to the real thing and use this fake movement.

Last edited:
Well Santa brought me a gift (from me to me :) )

tagheuercarreradaydate0.jpg

So now i have the Oakley Blade day to day use, and the Tag for special occasions (Note: not my actual watch nicked off another forum as it was better picture than i can take)

i love that Day Date and was thinking of getting one myself but in the end i couldn't justify the price TAG :D

i went for a skyhawk in the end.

Back
Top Bottom