What watch do you wear?

aucfma.jpg

nice to see a limited edition CW on here. Good choice.

My latest two:

The first I made myself around a 7750 chrono movement (as used in the majority of modern auto chornos):

sideonwristchrono.jpg

mg6444l.jpg

caseback.jpg

blackandwhiteh.jpg

and the second forum limited edition from christopher ward:

cwle2.jpg

cwle.jpg

cwlenw.jpg

cwleback.jpg

cwle3.jpg

Skidder, how easy is it to make these watches that you do ?

Depends a little on complexity of the project. you need to do good research re parts compatibility and ultimately have pretty steady hands. If you are well prepared it is not particularly hard. To just assemble takes a few hours per watch. I've designed and made a couple of dials and that is obviously much more time consuming. The 7750 above is a bit fiddly as small hands on the registers all need to be exactly at zero as you place them and can not be adjusted afterwards (without removing and refitting.)

Ok let me show you an example..... This way i'm not posting direct links to competitors etc.

The following is a link to a random Genuine Omega dealer. It shows the Omega Speedmaster Professional (moon watch) Take a careful look at the dial spacing of the 3 dials at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. This is the spacing for all Speedmaster Chronos. If you were to make a copy of this watch the only cheap way to do it is to install a cheap Asian 7750 movement and modify the dial layout.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=&pid=157

Now go to the most popular auction site you can think of and put these item numbers in as an example. Take a look at the dial spacing carefully. You'll see they are further out than the genuine Omega. Its most definately using a cheapo Asian 7750 movement.

Heres a fake: 200410787323

And another: 200410788772

These are just two examples, 100's more fakes here.

I have provided this info to protect people from coming a cropper so i hope it remains 'unedited' by the mods.

Both those watches are genuine, Sorry.

You're confusing dial spacing with the fact that these models are the reduced size Speedmaster model. It uses an ETA 2894 movement (which is a 2892 with a chronograph module bolted to it) with seconds hand at 3 o'clock. The 7750/7753 have the seconds at 9.

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=305&details=1&ref=35395000&no_cache=1

Last edited:
Depends a little on complexity of the project. you need to do good research re parts compatibility and ultimately have pretty steady hands. If you are well prepared it is not particularly hard. To just assemble takes a few hours per watch. I've designed and made a couple of dials and that is obviously much more time consuming. The 7750 above is a bit fiddly as small hands on the registers all need to be exactly at zero as you place them and can not be adjusted afterwards (without removing and refitting.)

would it be possible to email me some links please to sites that sell the parts or give you guide on where to start.

Thanks

First one looks like it might be a redial but have heard johnnywatch sells refurbs rather than fakes.

My alarm bells initially went off when i read his negative feedback comments. I have to admit i can now see these are seconds at 3 (it was late and i'd been looking all day into the early hours so..) but i just feel something fishy about his watches. Have a wade through his feedback to see what people have bought and you'll see what i mean.

My alarm bells initially went off when i read his negative feedback comments. I have to admit i can now see these are seconds at 3 (it was late and i'd been looking all day into the early hours so..) but i just feel something fishy about his watches. Have a wade through his feedback to see what people have bought and you'll see what i mean.

I would be very cautious buying from ebay anyway, more likely a franken redial over refinished etc. Would prefer to trade through the watch communities where bad sellers seem to get weeded out pretty quickly.

Currently wearing my grandads 1970s Constellation but have a Speedmaster on the way. Loads of watches I would love to own, next on the list is possibly a PAM.

constellation1.jpg

skidder, any chance you could forward me the mail on making your own watches? henley at live dot com, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom