What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
I like some anonimos. Some are a bit fussy but others very nice. Cases are good. They seem to lose value pretty quickly so have seen some good used buys.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A friend got a new Lum Tec Combat B, only noticed it after seeing the lume bright as day when we entered a dark room this weekend. Had a play around with it, pretty heavy given it's on a rubber strap. Felt very high quality too and the exhibition back is a nicely done too.

Pic:
A26A4754.jpg

Associate
A friend got a new Lum Tec Combat B, only noticed it after seeing the lume bright as day when we entered a dark room this weekend. Had a play around with it, pretty heavy given it's on a rubber strap. Felt very high quality too and the exhibition back is a nicely done too.

Pic:

Very nice. Looked at some Lum-tec in the passed and might have to re-visit seeing as I can't find a Sparrowhawk II for love nor money.

Soldato
Uh huh. What else am I going to do on a Monday!? Write to do lists, update project tasks and logs, add new RAM to laptop, complain about no new SSD waiting for me, get work to replace my iPhone I washed last night, then head home in a bit to check on the dog :p

Hard Monday tbh

Caporegime
I go away for a week and not one single ball pic.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves! :p

As a side note, in NYC I tried on a Longines of sorts in Macy's...beautiful light weight amazing watch.

Saw the $3300 price tag and thought better of it :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Hahaha I felt like I shouldn't, or I'd be hated. Now you're back though. Balls out.

These guys are swiss based and seem to have bought a clearance of watch items and now selling off a ton of Wyler watches.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rd-luxury/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Some nice ones there. As they're out of business as well, not sure how they're stack up for replacement parts of servicing, but also prices and values.

On a side note, I've just been offered a PAM176 44mm mechanical wind in titanium, but if I'm going to spend that much, I'd prefer the 111, or 55, or 448, 320 lol thinking about it, I'd like a few :/ but it's a good price. Hmmm

Kid. Sweet shop.

Associate
Reading this thread, looking at my naff collection of old digital time pieces from the 80s onwards and getting the Pebble made me a bit nostalgic so I went looking for a TV show I used to watch when I was a kid - not sure if anyone else will appreciate it but I thought it was pretty good.

The Secret Life of Machines - The Digital Watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdgHGciVYc

The production has dated a lot but the content is still interesting and its not just about digital watches either.

Associate
I got one of these in a draw - can't seem to find right battery - I think it's something like 3.2v and can only get 3v - battery run's down quite quick.

Had it from new in 70's or there about.

Will stick to my Seiko 5's and Kinetic's

dave

Hey Dave

The guy on eBy thats selling them here in the UK fits new batteries, want me to drop him a message and find out the type you need - he may even have them for sale.

Soldato
Bought a replacement for the wife:

Should arrive soon hopefully.

Had a meeting this morning with a guy from the Program Office, he's a big watch person. Had his Pepsi Rolex on today and we were discussing what's next. He wants an Explorer apparently. He drives a 911 Carrera 4S so he's obviously doing OK!

*shakes fist*

Back
Top Bottom