What watch do you wear?

As my day to day atm I wear a Tag Kirium which was my 21st birthday present, it's done me great over the past few years but the battery needs to be changed now which i've got to sort out next week :( (although i'm impressed it lasted 3 years)

After seeing the CW that Skidder posted i've been having a look on their site and now i'm convincing myself that I need to get hold of one of these

C7SWT_5.jpg

As my day to day atm I wear a Tag Kirium which was my 21st birthday present, it's done me great over the past few years but the battery needs to be changed now which i've got to sort out next week :( (although i'm impressed it lasted 3 years)

After seeing the CW that Skidder posted i've been having a look on their site and now i'm convincing myself that I need to get hold of one of these

get one of their autos, no more battery worries!

I have a Tag Link Automatic Chronomat and a Kimi Raikkonen special edition version of the Tag F1 (on both straps), I tend to wear the F1 the most as I'm too lazy to wind the Link and don't wear a watch often enough to keep it charged from my wrist action:

cjf2110.ba0594.jpg
THF1-Kimi-raikonnen.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of any of their auto's and changing the battery doesn't bother me too much it's just the inconvenience of the tag having to be sent away more than anything.

fair enough, the choice you made is a lovely looking watch having seen one IRL. I'm a watch geek so don't get very excited about quartz but you will not go wrong with one of those and they are a good price in the sale at the moment.

Yeah love the bracelet one, seems a good price too. I nothing about watches-would you recomend those that you have?

It's a good solid movement, a work horse, watch and bracelet nicely made. Has a nice look to it. I certainly recommend it.

CW is trying to offer good quality mechanical watches at an economic price point and for the most part they do it very well. Value per pound they are good - yes the very high end watches are better (not all of them:p) but don't necessarily offer better value. My collection is mainly watches I made but I have high, mid and affordable branded watches too and I think CW stand up very well at the affordable end. The movements they use are quality ETA movements for the most part, many of which are used in more expensive watches (and used in my own.)

Another affordable maker of really excellent quality watches is Precista - timefactors.com more tool watch, diver, military looking but they are exceptional for the money

just traded that exact watch on leather yesterday:)

Don't suppose you've got any photos? The only real doubt I have is that you can't see any CW watches since it's online only, though that 60 day garuntee does sweeten the deal. That and in an ideal world I'd like an auto, but finding a good one at this price point is quite difficult. I don't like any of the CW autos <£200 unfortunetley.

Don't suppose you've got any photos? The only real doubt I have is that you can't see any CW watches since it's online only, though that 60 day garuntee does sweeten the deal. That and in an ideal world I'd like an auto, but finding a good one at this price point is quite difficult. I don't like any of the CW autos <£200 unfortunetley.

sure:

sideonw.jpg

also gallery of real photos of CW watches here:

http://christopherwardforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Cheers. Is that strap a CW or another brand? Also is it leather or something else? Goes really well with the C4.

That strap is leather and made by Toshi (a nice guy called Rich who makes every strap to order and by hand). The leather CWs come with a nice quality black or brown strap - the bracelet is decent so probably worth buying it on that and then getting a strap of your choice in leather.

http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/

Blue with natural stitching.

Back
Top Bottom