What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I've never heard of the brand before? Are they reliable I'd rather not something made in china that will break in 6 months. I want a watch to last a number of years.

thanks

dude

Not heard of them but for that sort of money I doubt it will feel cheap in any way, can you find a UK stockist to go and try it on?

Also, when paying more than £150 I would not settle for anything other than Automatic purely due to the coin you're paying.

That's all I would look out for really.

I could pretend to make up some BS and offer further advice, however you would need to buy me a Longines for that :p

Soldato
I've never heard of the brand before? Are they reliable I'd rather not something made in china that will break in 6 months. I want a watch to last a number of years.
Techne - Swiss designed and use quality asian movements. My SparrowHawkII looks lovely and wears beautifully. That said, it's currently in Switzerland to be tweaked as the chrono wasn't resetting dead on zero.

Also, when paying more than £150 I would not settle for anything other than Automatic purely due to the coin you're paying.

That's a bit... odd. Plenty of very nice, non-auto expensive timepieces out there.

Soldato
So that watch winder / box I bought on US eBay arrived in the US offices... I wondered why they said it would be $1800 to ship to me...

HE BIG!

I suppose I should have realised when the I look back at the auction and it takes 10 watches on the first wrack, let alone the draw and the 4 winders!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WATCH-WIN...ue5lV3Xjtq0oEeaScItLk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Now to work out how to get it back here haha it weighs a ton too. I feel a trip to the US coming up then.

As an aside, I haven't bought any more watches, but I do hope I've sold that Longines Conquest I picked up a few weeks ago. In negotiations at the moment about 6-650CHF, bought for ~350CHF so that'd be nice.

Soldato
I genuinly was going to wait for this as I didnt really want to spend at the moment . But looking at it every night online I just couldn't wait any longer :D and thought why not.

Christopher Ward C60 trident Automatic Blue Bezel 42mm

Last edited:
Associate
Haha. I don't care much about the lume, was just pointing it out. And the strap is great I just can't put a deployment clasp on it (as far as my googling goes), so going to find a similar one that I can.

What thickness is the strap? I managed to order a Hamilton butterfly clasp through the website I bought my hamilton from. I think it was something like £25.

Soldato

It maybe is to some people. These pictures do make it look very blue, but that's what I love. In the flesh its quite the opposite, no where near as blue as the light catches it in photos. With having a dress watch that's smart and dressed down/not in your face, blue being my favourite colour I wanted something that's smart and a bit more in your face. Tbh I cant get a very good photo on my phone.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's a shame because I would have had the Orange Trident had they not messed me about with stock and delivery **** ups. But then I'd not have been shown the Longines either which is in a nicer package!

Soldato
Hi watch people!

My partner has given me up to £200 to spend on a watch for my birthday and I'd appreciate some recommendations. I can chip in if that's not enough as I want something which will last.

I'm after something simple/classic i.e. no massive bezels or bright colours or anything like that. I'm much more about having something which is technically good quality over something flashy/stylish. That said, if gold is within budget then that would be super.

So where should I start looking in terms of manufacturers and retailers? I'm not crazy about going down to one of the massive high street jewellers and dropping two or three hundred on a watch without doing some research.

Associate
Another vote for Tissot. Some of their dress watches are gorgeous. Might be worth popping into a decent local jeweller to try a few things on to get some ideas in terms of what style, width, thickness etc you would like best.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom