What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
The constant beating of an auto is also relaxing in a quiet room :)

Mine is audible enough in an office environment, I can hear it if my arm is not too far away from my face when working at a desk.

Quartz will be more accurate, there's no contest there. The PRC200 didn't lose a single second in the 10 months or so I had it. An auto will vary but -4 to +6seconds a day is what you should expect and most will settle over time anyway (or get worse!).

Mechanical vs quartz surely, auto is just a self winding mechanical watch. Yes, that's pedantry ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Real enough but it doesn't look like the owner has really cleaned the strap ever given how that cream underside looks and how used the case back looks!

Give it a polish and buy a replacement strap only and you're good to go.

Mechanical vs quartz surely, auto is just a self winding mechanical watch. Yes, that's pedantry ;)

Hah yes of course, one of those terminology moments (like Mbits vs MB/s people often confuse :p).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah I'd still want a new strap as far as leather is concerned :p Don't want someone else's wrist juice on mine even if the strap has been cleaned you're not getting out the deep down stuff!

Soldato
Trackrat

I was umming and arring over that Seiko and now they have gone up and no blue straps left.

I came across this while browsing earlier - Now not sure if I like it - too thick for me but 44mm would be max for my girlie wrist.

Heavens knows how much client has paid for this but it is a work of art. if it's been shown before I do apologise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-vy6HbwX4&list=PLD88F1D3B2986F772&index=1

Dave

Associate
Hate you. :p

Hmmm well, I've found a few dotted around the place but only one in the UK. And seeing as it is going for £13k - a premium over the rrp apparently due to Sly Stallone wearing one in some rubbish film or other - I'm having a few doubts :eek:. Plan B is one of these (PAM 505)...

2vbq7m9.png

... but the blue bits on the 332 are still calling to me :(

Associate
I just can't bring myself to like any Panerai watches.

On the scale of love/like/indifference/dislike/fugly, I would place most Panerai watches in the bottom 2 for design….forget the price tag, even if it is on sale for £50, it's not what something I would buy.

Interestingly, I would have agreed with you until relatively recently. For some reason I have grown to like to shape (I'll be liking those awful Bell & Ross square things next) but holding and wearing one was a most surprising experience. Couple that with the fact that there are no dealerships over here and I cannot recall seeing anyone wearing one resulting in them having become terribly appealing!

Caporegime
Would love to get a Panerai myself, such sexy watches. Did have my eyes on a titanium one but in the end decided not to get it. But that blue one you posted a page back Daniel, dear mother of god that is so damn sexy.

Soldato
I just can't bring myself to like any Panerai watches.

On the scale of love/like/indifference/dislike/fugly, I would place most Panerai watches in the bottom 2 for design….forget the price tag, even if it is on sale for £50, it's not what something I would buy.

I was very much like this until very recently - i have grown to "like" them although oddly, for me, I like the simpler ones the best - the 372 being my favorite :)

aORWhKe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom