What watch do you wear?

why is a thin watch good?

oh and it looks crap too

There is a certain sophistication and subtlety about a thin watch. And then there is the technical side of making something such as that. All of my watches (except my first fairly decent watch by Michel Herbelin) are bulky so the contrast would be interesting. Especially in comparison to the PAM 332 I am trying to find at the moment!

But, yes, this particular one does look god awful.

Picked up this recenty - cheap automatic. Thought the leather strap looked hideous in the online pictures but has somewhat grown on me in person

What is this called and where did you buy it please?

why is a thin watch good?

oh and it looks crap too

I think it looks nice in form but the dial design and colours make it look like any number of cheap China skeleton style watches you get on eBay which isn't a good thing.

A nice thick watch stands out as well and looks good on the wrist :)

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on leather watch straps.

I want to get a black lather strap (ideally with white stitching and curved, but the latter doesn't matter too much) for this Orient watch (see here and here)

I'm considering a Hirsch strap, but are they worth the ~$60-70 vs a £10-20 one?

I've just ordered a Uniform Wares 203:

dDq2iTC.png

IKuLqSu.png

Thought it was about time I added a Scandi-esque piece (British made, though) that Dieter Rams would be proud of.

I thought I'd be allergic to this style watch, but tried it on and surprised myself - looks awesome.

ETAF05 movement.

How much?

Looks very similar to the Xetum Ahoi I was looking at a while back but even that had standard ETA movement yet cost lower 4 figures which I couldn't understand.

I like the design, functional, simple and elegant all at the same time.

Edit*
Wow, those are pretty amazing prices having just Googled and seen their site.

Last edited:
How much?

Looks very similar to the Xetum Ahoi I was looking at a while back but even that had standard ETA movement yet cost lower 4 figures which I couldn't understand.

I like the design, functional, simple and elegant all at the same time.

Edit*
Wow, those are pretty amazing prices having just Googled and seen their site.

I think RRP for this (the 203 model) is £280, but I got it from Harvey Nicks on an American Express offer for £250.

The highest end model with chronograph is £580, goes all the way down to £180 with some lesser movement and materials I think.

But you're right, it's beautiful, solidly built (surprisingly heavy and solid), lovely calves leather straps (looks plastic on the website) and made in the UK which is nice and nostalgic. Definitely recommend viewing in the flesh, I find those pics on the website make it look a bit artificial and cheap.

Recently I came back from holiday and was pretty annoyed that I didn't have a watch that can be treated rough.

G-Shock to the rescue!

CGkihpn.png
AW-591MS-1AER

7m1KxJB.png
GW-M5610-1ER WaveCeptor

Absolutely love this, classic design, solar powered + radio controlled.

I think I sense a new collection forming! ;)

Back
Top Bottom