What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Since we're bringing them out... I went in my work cupboard to get my white one, but it's not in it's case, so no idea what I've gone and done with that. Alas, this one is on.

e399648267ea11e3bb2e12cca25af834_8.jpg

Soldato
So I'm starting to think of making a proper watch, rather than a glorified fashion accessory.

I've got probably something between £1k and £2k...

I'm looking for something suitable for work, and constant day to day life. I've got at the moment an assortment of watches, all reasonably cheap and will probably add one of the cheaper citizen Eco drives to the collection. Everything else is really not worth mentioning.

I am looking for something probably with a metal strap and something reasonably traditional, either simple or more complex, but nothing quirky shall we say...

Whilst not a major point I'm not really looking to own something that's going to fall in price 50% the day after I but it. That said, I'm also not against buying something second hand that's next to perfect and half the price because someone else bought it new, but would prefer to buy something new than not...

kd

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Post some examples of watches you've seen online that you like the look of first. It's an impossible thing for someone to recommend without a base to start with.

Swiss made autos from the usual respected brands who have long history to their names will depreciate very little compared to quartz or hybrids (Seiko/Citizen) but you said you want something for every day wear and work so it's going to be a large part of your life so you're unlikely to want to get rid of it down the line anyway so depreciation shouldn't factor in to it if it's something you properly like because that won't matter.

Soldato
So I'm starting to think of making a proper watch, rather than a glorified fashion accessory.

I'm looking for something suitable for work, and constant day to day life. I've got at the moment an assortment of watches, all reasonably cheap and will probably add one of the cheaper citizen Eco drives to the collection. Everything else is really not worth mentioning.

I am looking for something probably with a metal strap and something reasonably traditional, either simple or more complex, but nothing quirky shall we say...

Whilst not a major point I'm not really looking to own something that's going to fall in price 50% the day after I but it. That said, I'm also not against buying something second hand that's next to perfect and half the price because someone else bought it new, but would prefer to buy something new than not...

kd

2nd hand Omega Speedmaster sapphire sandwich?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...eV7AaSpYDIBw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=934

Soldato
The omega deville platinum had always been a favourite of mine, although clearly out of price range.

Both the 2012 Olympic Omegas caught my eye as well, both the speed and seamaster.

Never been a fan of gold watches, although they are growing on me. But I would generally rule them out.

The traditional Rolex look (or also the fake Vicotrinox Maverick) I'm not too sure I'm fond of.

I do quite like the Rolex Daytona cosmograph with blue 'face' however.

I like the novelty of the skeleton watches, but think that'd wear our fairly quickly...

I also like the
Rado hyperchrome
Perellet Turbine (not sure on professionalism though)
Montblanc Rising Hours
Maurice Lacroix (although not sure on buttons)
Frederique constant slimline moonphase
Cartier Tank (only one or two colours)
A. Lange and Sohne Saxonia Annual Calendar

There are a few others I've seen traditionally that I like :)

kd

Don

kd

Used Omega Seamaster/Planet Ocean

Trust me it's the only answer to your needs

Back
Top Bottom