What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Associate
Finance on a watch..from a financial point of view if you need to finance a omega, maybe a omega isn't for you.

Just my financial advice for the day :)

*sigh*
Why should I pay full price in one go for a watch when the one I want will be on 0%? Whats the point in doing that when I can make my money work for me in better ways?

I do hope your not an accountant.

Soldato
I do! Got it about 3 months ago. :)

ULZMtSt.jpg

JVwxL9U.jpg

Isnt that a Rolex sub with a different name on it? It pretty much looks identical to a Rolex sub (it is nice though)

Gotta say I really do like the accented planet ocean...
91o5IYQ.jpg.png

XKsw9mE.jpg.png

It is a nice watch but not sure if I prefer it over my standard Seamaster (http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/seamaster/diver-300-m/co-axial-41-mm/21230412001002) - I think the orange makes it look less smart (but more sporty)

There is one with all the certs for £2500 in a 2nd hand type shop in excellent condition. Could probably be had for £2300

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't like the Speedmaster; it's too busy and the font looks odd.

If your wrist can take it how about a larger Seamaster:

omega9x.jpg

Seamaster

omega11f.jpg

Or one of the new smaller ones:

http://www.omegawatches.com/collect...ean-600-m/omega-co-axial-42-mm/23230422101001

Man of Honour
Don
I do like the Titanium on Titanium model of these. What you do get with all these new Seamasters is the two barrel, silicon balance spring co-axial Omega 8500/9300 movements which are very good, have a long power reserve and don't require servicing for years.

I find titanium watches feel cheap due to being lighter, also they scratch very easily

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I do like the Titanium on Titanium model of these. What you do get with all these new Seamasters is the two barrel, silicon balance spring co-axial Omega 8500/9300 movements which are very good, have a long power reserve and don't require servicing for years.

My two Omega's have the 8507 and 9300 movement (Both PO models) have been very good so far and they only need servicing once every 5 years so I have been told. On average I get about 3/4 days power reserve before they run out.

I love the titanium models but I find it seems to mark very easy and doesn't seem wear as well as the SS models.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's the shipping box. Steinhart make homage watches so naturally it would look like a Sub :p An exact lookalike isn't for me personally(hence the Hydroconquest) but it all depends on what you want and at what price I guess.

Soldato
Picked up a Skagen watch at Dubai duty free the other week. My Jorg Gray watch died on me (and is now away for repair) so fancied something different to replace it.

thoughts? it's different from the 'large / expensive' watches in this thread so most will be a hating on me I guess! But it's really nice I think, better in real life than on the website pics tbh.

http://www.skagen.com/en_US/shop/me...ice|BTWN+0+275&pn=c&rec=78&imagePath=809XLTBB

edit - this is the Jorg Gray I have (that is broken at the moment lol)

http://www.amazon.com/Jorg-Gray-1460-Chronograph-Stainless/dp/B002QHMKZS

Soldato
I have had decent discounts at Goldsmiths but, as you say, with 0% it is unlikely you will get one
As above

So I braved the Christmas traffic and panic buying shoppers in search of a good deal on the Omega SMP. Understandably nowhere is willing to offer a discount with 0% Finance :(

After some searching on the internet I found it for 23% off, at Iconic Watches , for £2,140, so I ordered it :)
There is no delivery until after Christmas but I’m away for a couple of weeks now so something to look forward to opening when I get back :)

If your wrist can take it how about a larger Seamaster:

Or one of the new smaller ones:
That is an amazing watch Cosimo but I'm not keen on the orange bezel, plus I don't think it will age well.

Back
Top Bottom